NYCFC travel to Mexico to face Liga MX side, Club Necaxa on October 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Kjbert
The article header says this will be a yearly event, but no mention of that from the actual article or the video, except for the mention that this was "Copa Amistad, 2016".

i assume if it is it will be on necaxa's side. not nycfc playing necaxa every year. liga mx teams tends to have pre season cups every year so this is not new, although this is not pre season its still a friendly.

Reactions: Kjbert
http://www.empireofsoccer.com/crook...ir-first-playoff-berth-necaxa-and-more-54083/

“Sometimes, with my experience as a player, when you have a rest its always difficult to get back and get going,” reasoned Vieira. “We have good momentum at the moment and I don’t want to break that.”

The entire squad will travel and Vieira said he will not necessarily give his regulars the night off.

“There are some players who are doing really well and I don’t want to break their momentum,” Vieira said. “Then there are players who haven’t played and need games as well. We will be careful and satisfy the physical side of all the players.”

http://www.empireofsoccer.com/crook...ir-first-playoff-berth-necaxa-and-more-54083/

“Sometimes, with my experience as a player, when you have a rest its always difficult to get back and get going,” reasoned Vieira. “We have good momentum at the moment and I don’t want to break that.”

The entire squad will travel and Vieira said he will not necessarily give his regulars the night off.

“There are some players who are doing really well and I don’t want to break their momentum,” Vieira said. “Then there are players who haven’t played and need games as well. We will be careful and satisfy the physical side of all the players.”

"Except Mix Diskerud," Vieira continued, "He's not going to see the field in an NYCFC jersey while I'm here." Vieira's comments regarding Mix Diskerud, the once USMNT star and fan favorite among the NYCFC faithful for his dashing looks and technical abilities, elicited cries and sobbing especially from one young fan desperate to see Number 10 score a hat trick.

Non league game so I'd expect a chartered flight.

Glenn Crooks, on the soccer in the city podcast, said Vieira told him it would be chartered. He also said he asked Vieira wouldn't it be better to rest during this time given how much training, matches and injuries the team has experienced. Vieira responded by saying that, as a player, if you're playing well you don't want to take a break (basing it in part on his own player days during int'l breaks).

Crooks thinks we see Villa and Pirlo but not for the full match, then some of the guys who have had limited minutes

Glenn Crooks, on the soccer in the city podcast, said Vieira told him it would be chartered. He also said he asked Vieira wouldn't it be better to rest during this time given how much training, matches and injuries the team has experienced. Vieira responded by saying that, as a player, if you're playing well you don't want to take a break (basing it in part on his own player days during int'l breaks).

Crooks thinks we see Villa and Pirlo but not for the full match, then some of the guys who have had limited minutes
Vieira toeing the company line and ol' Crooksy didn't just bite. He swallowed the hook. It's a cash grab.

Reactions: Paul and Ulrich
When I damn well please. Maybe Thursday.

56468440.jpg

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Status
Not open for further replies.