Away - July 10 - Orlando (U.S. Open Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are no direct flights from Rio to Orlando. So he's making a connecting stop somewhere.
giphy.gif

There are no direct flights from Rio to Orlando. So he's making a connecting stop somewhere.
Are there rules limiting how players have to return to the club from international duty? Can he charter?
Not sure it would be worth the money for this game, but I was just curious if the league had restrictions on this.

Reactions: adam and Kjbert
Are there rules limiting how players have to return to the club from international duty? Can he charter?
Not sure it would be worth the money for this game, but I was just curious if the league had restrictions on this.
I've always assumed the country's federation pays for that flight, so MLS rules would not apply.

I've always assumed the country's federation pays for that flight, so MLS rules would not apply.
That is correct. NT pays for transit to/from as once they leave the club, the NT assumes responsibility (travel, insurance, etc).

Reactions: Kjbert and 413Blue
It is White Plains/Westchester County. Looks like weather in central Florida will cause some travel disruptions though.

Yeah - I just got a weather waiver for my flight back Thursday morning. Uh oh!

Yeah - I just got a weather waiver for my flight back Thursday morning. Uh oh!
You’re fine. It rains just about every day this time of year between 12-6.
They’re expecting a low to develop into a tropical depression by Thursday. It won’t impact Florida directly as it’s pushing South West.

Hopefully Peru is very generous and sends him comfortably to Orlando!
I think it’s pretty standard for players to go first class when on NT duty. All USMNT players do that. Peru may be a less-rich organization, but it’s in the interest of self-preservation to coddle the players otherwise the players could decide the travel/subsequent side-effects aren’t worth their time and commitment.

You’re fine. It rains just about every day this time of year between 12-6.
They’re expecting a low to develop into a tropical depression by Thursday. It won’t impact Florida directly as it’s pushing South West.

Makes it an interesting forecast for the game. Heat index is supposed to be above 90 at kickoff, but there is a 60% chance of showers and thunderstorms before 8pm. If one of those rolls through, it will be a lot cooler.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
Status
Not open for further replies.