Away - July 10 - Orlando (U.S. Open Cup)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess I was wrong. Crooks last night said Sands out for 10 more days and Mitrita our for two weeks.

So we go...

Johnson
Ibeagha Callens Sweat
Torres Ring Ofori Matarrita
Isi Heber Medina

That look about right?

Can GMS start instead of Medina?

Reactions: Jock
Can GMS start instead of Medina?
Technically he could. I wonder how game-fit he is though. I mean, he's had a lot of time "off", but I'm surprised this cliche still holds merit. You'd think a guy that hasn't played competitively in a few months would be able to come in ready to play 90, but few really ever are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Guess I was wrong. Crooks last night said Sands out for 10 more days and Mitrita our for two weeks.

So we go...

Johnson
Ibeagha Callens Sweat
Torres Ring Ofori Matarrita
Isi Heber Medina

That look about right?

Is Sands being sold? Or are we just being super conservative with him getting healthy? This long for an arm injury is crazy and the front office/medical department isn't telling us everything.

And great, Mitrita is now out.

Tides are turning and skies are getting grey.

Reactions: Ulrich and Kjbert
Is Sands being sold? Or are we just being super conservative with him getting healthy? This long for an arm injury is crazy and the front office/medical department isn't telling us everything.

And great, Mitrita is now out.

Tides are turning and skies are getting grey.

JohnB said Bedoya hit him with a nasty tackle and reinjured the arm

Technically he could. I wonder how game-fit he is though. I mean, he's had a lot of time "off", but I'm surprised this cliche still holds merit. You'd think a guy that hasn't played competitively in a few months would be able to come in ready to play 90, but few really ever are.
A pastrami sandwich is more fit and capable than Medina.

Let The Haggis start Wednesday.

Reactions: adam and The Toe
View attachment 9968

Bench: Taty, Mackey-Steven, Bedoya, Haak, Sweat, Chanot, Stoove

I feel like with Ring's knees, I'd be surprised if he played after going all 270 minutes this week. He's played every minute of every MLS game so far this year. Give him the US Open Cup off.

Medina-Heber-Isi
Mata-Parks-Ofori-Torres
Sweat-Callens-Ibeagha
--------Stuver-------

That front line should carve up Orlando, and the defense is good enough to keep from getting torched.

Reactions: The Toe
I feel like with Ring's knees, I'd be surprised if he played after going all 270 minutes this week. He's played every minute of every MLS game so far this year. Give him the US Open Cup off.

Medina-Heber-Isi
Mata-Parks-Ofori-Torres
Sweat-Callens-Ibeagha
--------Stuver-------

That front line should carve up Orlando, and the defense is good enough to keep from getting torched.

Swap Haak for Parks; Bedoya for Ofori

Reactions: Kjbert

Medina-Heber-Isi
Mata-Parks-Ofori-Torres
Sweat-Callens-Ibeagha
--------Stuver-------

I feel like the last couple of times we tried to play 3-4-3 against Orlando, we had a lot of trouble retaining the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see us start in a 4-3-3-ish system.

Taty - Héber - Isi
Ofori - Parks - Bedoya
Mata - Sweat - Ibeagha - Torres
Stuver / Johnson

The idea of Nani / Mueller vs Torres / Sweat / Ibeagha is kinda scary.

I feel like the last couple of times we tried to play 3-4-3 against Orlando, we had a lot of trouble retaining the ball. I wouldn't be surprised to see us start in a 4-3-3-ish system.

Taty - Héber - Isi
Ofori - Parks - Bedoya
Mata - Sweat - Ibeagha - Torres
Stuver / Johnson

The idea of Nani / Mueller vs Torres / Sweat / Ibeagha is kinda scary.

You don’t think Callens will start? He has fresh legs.

You don’t think Callens will start? He has fresh legs.
Dome seems to be hesitant to play people shortly after international duty. So maybe we see Callens in there and Sweat at left back. I'm less concerned about the players than the system when it comes to the back, but more interested in individuals in advanced positions where individual agency dominates form.

Reactions: Kjbert and adam
Dome seems to be hesitant to play people shortly after international duty. So maybe we see Callens in there and Sweat at left back. I'm less concerned about the players than the system when it comes to the back, but more interested in individuals in advanced positions where individual agency dominates form.

Normally when returning from ID, the player has logged minutes. This is an odd exception.

Status
Not open for further replies.