NYCFC v Chicago Postmatch

I am still baffled by the line up. It was like Kreis was the coach again with that formation. The back three is our only hope of doing anything.

Also at last night's game was Lonn Trust. Yes, that Lonn Trust. The Yankees COO who hates StubHub and poorer people sitting in premium seating locations and was made the butt of John Oliver's joke. He wore his Yankee rings as always and went onto the field pregame with two younger individuals, I'm guessing from his family. Unlike all the other NYCFC important people like Claudio and Petricof, Lonn & Co actually walked onto the field during warms up, inside the lines. Everyone else is usually in foul territory.

But, the most ridiculous thing was during the game when I was by the pitch side seats, they came over to walk over to the benches. After they were done, to get back to the tunnel on the other side of the field (third base dugout), they walked around the field on the warning track, all the way around. I was hoping that a ball was land in his side on the sideline. I've never seen anyone ever do this during a game except for NYCFC medical/equipment staff needing to get to the locker room to get something.

It's not surprising though that Lonn would choose not to talk on the concourse with the rest of the NYCFC fans (who probably wouldn't even recognize him). Lonn doesn't want to walk on the concourse where real Yankee fans are, just like the ones he wants to keep from the premium locations. (That being said, I'm a real Yankee fan and sit in premium locations, just used this line for the joke.)

Go StubHub and Legends ticket below TicketMaster artificial market floors!

Comedy moment of the evening was towards the end of the match a Chicago player took a wild shot that was closer to the corner flag than the goal, but didnt stop Saunders pulling off his acrobatic dive for the cameras.

Also what was with the guy at half time by the pitch side seating dresswd in all NYCFC robes etc that they showed on the big screen

I saw it, thought it was Iraola, but maybe because he's made at least 2 saves this year. Midas sitting next to me thought it was Brillant. I asked in the shout box and got a different answer.
The mystery continues...anyone know where I can watch a replay of the game online?

Comedy moment of the evening was towards the end of the match a Chicago player took a wild shot that was closer to the corner flag than the goal, but didnt stop Saunders pulling off his acrobatic dive for the cameras.

Also what was with the guy at half time by the pitch side seating dresswd in all NYCFC robes etc that they showed on the big screen

That's not the first time he's been there in his doctoral gown so there's a story in it somewhere.

I saw him in the pitch side club. Wanted to ask. Didn't.

Reactions: Kjbert
Nothing to say that hasn't already been said. One of the biggest mistakes from last night was the play where Villa had a ball played long to him and it got Lampson off his line. Villa got to the ball first and tried a shot from about 20 yards out with Lampson way, way away from goal. His shot, after the replay looked to be a good 6-8 feet wide. Looking back at it, he really probably could have tried to touch around Lampson or pull it back out and look for someone making a late run and there'd have been no Chicago even close to goal. He probably could have gotten a penalty with any touch other than a shot.

I can't remember Villa playing as deep as Sunday in that 4-3-3. We take his high pressure, which is very good and often, for granted but seeing him also defend 20-25 yards from the touchline as often and effectively as he did was impressive.

Nothing to say that hasn't already been said. One of the biggest mistakes from last night was the play where Villa had a ball played long to him and it got Lampson off his line. Villa got to the ball first and tried a shot from about 20 yards out with Lampson way, way away from goal. His shot, after the replay looked to be a good 6-8 feet wide. Looking back at it, he really probably could have tried to touch around Lampson or pull it back out and look for someone making a late run and there'd have been no Chicago even close to goal. He probably could have gotten a penalty with any touch other than a shot.
I thought the same thing when it happened - it was pretty obvious from my seats that his angle of shot was going way wide. I'm not sure I've ever seen a 1-v-1 situation where the forward shoots from so far out.