Nycfc V Houston Motm & Post Game Discussion

NYCFC_Dan

Registered
Staff member
Seasoned Supporter
Mar 17, 2014
Tampa, Florida
To encourage more people to participate in MOTM/Player Ratings we will have the Post Match and MOTM thread one in the same.

[voopl=2015-05-30][/voopl]

Mix played fantastic, Poku was a god as always, Facey looked solid at CB, and Brovsky was great tonight apart from that finish at the end.

The only player I can really put at fault is Wingert, I thought he was bad all night, he definitely looked hurt.

I thought we truly deserved 3 points tonight, that was our best effort of the year against a good team but things just didn't go our way.

Kreis simply needs to start that second-half XI every game, Poku has to have enough stamina at this point to last a full 90.

MOTM: Mix for us, Deric for them

At least we are seeing improvements game by game. Even if they're small.

We really need to start seeing more of Poku. If he's not fit enough at this point to even go 60 minutes then there is a serious problem with the fitness coaching.

There is no evidence that pokus endurance is not up to par. Not starting him is a crime. Even if you thought that he couldn't go 90, you still start that player and take him out if need be. He is what we need so bad, and starting ballouchy and Velasquez over him is just moronic

Let's not let the relative glory of the second half distract us from the fact that we still have all the same problems. Poor set piece defending, poor off-the-ball movement, lack of vision, gross passing, weak finishing, Kreis failing to start Poku.

Let's not let the relative glory of the second half distract us from the fact that we still have all the same problems. Poor set piece defending, poor off-the-ball movement, lack of vision, gross passing, weak finishing, Kreis failing to start Poku.
All those things fixed by poku, except set piece defending, bit I can't blame us on that one, it was a sweet play

I don't have the stats handy but I think the vast majority of Houston's goals this season have been from set pieces, not from open play. Was really disappointed not to see that defended better

I find myself yelling the same things at this team that I do my son's U9 team -- GO TO THE MIDDLE, ALWAYS CLOSE THE GAP TO THE BALL and MARK A MAN on set pieces. I hate to say this, but they have the hallmarks of an undisciplined/poorly coached team.

Reactions: Kjbert
Since criticizing Villa and/or the farce of trotting out MCFC players at our match gets threads locked, let me says this here again about Villa's actions preceding the goal. I wasn't nor am I drunk or anything. Everyone on my row noticed it and was horrified.

Villa just embarrassed himself. Fucking joke.
Giving the ball away and then standing there with his hands on his hips while Houston attacked. Most insolent, cuntish behavior I've ever witnessed on a field.

Reactions: Kjbert
Since criticizing Villa and/or the farce of trotting out MCFC players at our match gets threads locked, let me says this here again about Villa's actions preceding the goal. I wasn't nor am I drunk or anything. Everyone on my row noticed it and was horrified.

Villa just embarrassed himself. Fucking joke.
Giving the ball away and then standing there with his hands on his hips while Houston attacked. Most insolent, cuntish behavior I've ever witnessed on a field.
Can't remember the last time we locked a thread but ok sure. Really don't get you dude.

Reactions: kun and franch