Nycfc V Puerto Rico National Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i knew a simple search would of answered question...silly me....thanks.. i actually didnt even look up what our "coach" looks like as this is a one time thing for him.

at first i was like whats pablo mastroeni doing here with out his famous mustache
Why Google when you got all of us? :)
I was curious so I had to find out! You are right - he does look like Pablo.

Red Bull fans are saying they're better for playing Chelsea than us for playing Puerto Rico. Aside from the sporting aspect, from a business perspective, we're doing a better job. People went to RBA to see Chelsea play because they're Chelsea fans. They're not going to become fans of Red Bull. With Puerto Rico, you're going to a territory who have no allegiance to an MLS and you're playing their national team. Considering they have access to MLS games, maybe even YES Network, we're going to have access to a new fanbase to support NYCFC, buy apparel, and more.

Last edited:
Red Bull fans are saying they're better for playing Chelsea than us for playing Puerto Rico. Aside from the sporting aspect, from a business perspective, we're doing a better job. People went to RBA to see Chelsea play because their Chelsea fans. They're not going to become fans of Red Bull. With Puerto Rico, you're going to a territory who have no allegiance to an MLS and you're playing their national team. Considering they have access to MLS games, maybe even YES Network, we're going to have access to a new fanbase to support NYCFC, buy apparel, and more.

werent they complaining that it was during in middle of season and sent out youth players but when they won it was all like oh hey look were glorious we defeated chelsea with our youth players were number 1

EDIT: forgot to also mention, why not expand brand, nyc has the largest puerto rican population......so why not cant hurt any way from a marketing perpspective

Last edited:
Tweet twice and you'll get the same points to your account.
This is a good point and reminder. I probably remember to tweet 3-5 times a week. Every time I do so I search the stream for what other people have said with the "nycfc" text string, and also scan RTs, and not many people are doing it.

No photos of Poku? I'm disappointed.

Poku is conspicuously absent from all travel photos as well as today's training photos (unless I missed him; although I tried to look very closely). Am I right to be fearful of what this may mean?

Poku is conspicuously absent from all travel photos as well as today's training photos (unless I missed him; although I tried to look very closely). Am I right to be fearful of what this may mean?

Cut? Traded? Injured? Not allowed to leave mainland U.S.?

Camera shy?

Reactions: FootyLovin
This is a good point and reminder. I probably remember to tweet 3-5 times a week. Every time I do so I search the stream for what other people have said with the "nycfc" text string, and also scan RTs, and not many people are doing it.
At a certain point, it gets old being a NYCFC shill for the sake of cityzen points. I'll do it game day or when there's big news/event to comment on, but otherwise I don't feel like my twitter account needs to be endless plugs for their marketing department. Especially when I've yet to find something I want to use my points on (or is still in stock when I see it).

At a certain point, it gets old being a NYCFC shill for the sake of cityzen points. I'll do it game day or when there's big news/event to comment on, but otherwise I don't feel like my twitter account needs to be endless plugs for their marketing department. Especially when I've yet to find something I want to use my points on (or is still in stock when I see it).
That's why probably 30% of my tweets are critical/negative. But yeah, it's the reason I don't do it 7/week.

Red Bull fans are saying they're better for playing Chelsea than us for playing Puerto Rico. Aside from the sporting aspect, from a business perspective, we're doing a better job. People went to RBA to see Chelsea play because they're Chelsea fans. They're not going to become fans of Red Bull. With Puerto Rico, you're going to a territory who have no allegiance to an MLS and you're playing their national team. Considering they have access to MLS games, maybe even YES Network, we're going to have access to a new fanbase to support NYCFC, buy apparel, and more.
Doesn't hurt our starting goalkeeper is Puerto Rican too

Hold it, what? Why isn't he there?

Status
Not open for further replies.