Nycfc V St Mirren

Are pre-season exhibition games normal for an expansion team?
Not sure what you are asking.

Is it normal for any soccer/football club in the world to play pre-season games against quality opposition?
YES

Is NYCFC, a MLS expansion club, a soccer team?
YES

Therefore, yes it is normal.

Reactions: FCRU and LostAnvil
St Mirren fan here, forum hopping in peace. Not going to the game myself, but looking forward to watching the game on your YouTube stream - great feature you have there.

The fixture seems to have captured the imagination of our fans, so we should be pretty loud in the stands, even if we're not quite as good quality wise on the pitch! That said, I'm sure our players will give you a competitive game at the very least. Our team, although struggling in the league, has been around for a long time - we never lose a game without fight.

Your club seems well supported and well organised, so best of luck this afternoon (or tonight, depending on where you are)

"Come on you Saints"

Since this is a friendly will each team get 6 subs?

They'll get 12 subs, but the current rule on subs appears to be that each team can only stop play for substitutions on 3 occasions - so if you sub off 4 players at half time, then 2 after 60 minutes and 3 on the 80th, your remaining 3 subs can't come on.

I don't know if they'll stick to that but that's how it seems to be done at the top levels of the game these days.

Not sure what you are asking.

Is it normal for any soccer/football club in the world to play pre-season games against quality opposition?
YES

Is NYCFC, a MLS expansion club, a soccer team?
YES

Therefore, yes it is normal.
I wasn't sure because it seemed like the OCSC game against DC was more of a friendly - This just seems different

Another Buddie sticking his head in here! Our team's in a bit of a state, but we've been relegation fodder since the early naughties and are still in the top flight of Scottish football. We're not very good but we can pull unexpected wins out the bag when they're needed.

In summary, the only reason we're still safe from the drop is two other Scottish clubs being far shitter than us. Motherwell FC, who finished 2nd last year, have suffered a complete collapse and are dive bombing down the table. Ross County FC, from the far north, just never got going and have some serious squad problems. Us on the other hand, apart from losing our best player to Aberdeen, are holding it together. We've made a few new signings and frankly need this game. They're untested and we would rather find out if they're crap against you guys than in our coming game on Saturday.

We're a small club, even by Scottish standards, with a group of homegrown players. Young lads who grew up in the area and have come from our academy mostly so it's great to see them develop. In 2013 we won the Scottish League Cup, knocking out Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic (3 clubs historically far greater than ours) along the way, so it's not all doom and gloom!

[skip to 9:08 for one of the mentalist moments ever, it's us going 3-1 up against Scottish Champions and Champions League club Celtic]

With 138 years behind us, you've got some catching up to do, but we don't win anything very often so shouldn't take you guys too long to do that...

Anyway, enjoy the game guys and good luck with the coming season!

MON THE BUDDIES

Another Buddie sticking his head in here! Our team's in a bit of a state, but we've been relegation fodder since the early naughties and are still in the top flight of Scottish football. We're not very good but we can pull unexpected wins out the bag when they're needed.

In summary, the only reason we're still safe from the drop is two other Scottish clubs being far shitter than us. Motherwell FC, who finished 2nd last year, have suffered a complete collapse and are dive bombing down the table. Ross County FC, from the far north, just never got going and have some serious squad problems. Us on the other hand, apart from losing our best player to Aberdeen, are holding it together. We've made a few new signings and frankly need this game. They're untested and we would rather find out if they're crap against you guys than in our coming game on Saturday.

We're a small club, even by Scottish standards, with a group of homegrown players. Young lads who grew up in the area and have come from our academy mostly so it's great to see them develop. In 2013 we won the Scottish League Cup, knocking out Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic (3 clubs historically far greater than ours) along the way, so it's not all doom and gloom!

[skip to 9:08 for one of the mentalist moments ever, it's us going 3-1 up against Scottish Champions and Champions League club Celtic]

With 138 years behind us, you've got some catching up to do, but we don't win anything very often so shouldn't take you guys too long to do that...

Anyway, enjoy the game guys and good luck with the coming season!

MON THE BUDDIES
I'm reading these with my best Scottish accent ( gleaned from Mike Myers, of course) and they are great! Thanks for the game guys.

Reactions: Kjbert and Smeato
Really wish I had a British professor who would be more understanding that I have to watch the match during class. American professors just don't get soccer yet. They get March Madness though.

You have to put the secret special MLS spell on your prof. The magic words are:
KAKA-BUILTNOTBOUGHT-KAKA-FILLTHEBOWL-KAKA-ORLANDOCITY-KAKA!!!

Saying it 3 times will do the trick........and probably get you an A in the course, get your laundry done and bring world peace.

Reactions: Kjbert
ffuucckk seeing this on my phone got me so excited

pYBEiwM.jpg

Do we know if there will be a video archive of the game? Apparently we have a department meeting the whole time of the match today.