Nycfc V St Mirren

Another Buddie sticking his head in here! Our team's in a bit of a state, but we've been relegation fodder since the early naughties and are still in the top flight of Scottish football. We're not very good but we can pull unexpected wins out the bag when they're needed.

In summary, the only reason we're still safe from the drop is two other Scottish clubs being far shitter than us. Motherwell FC, who finished 2nd last year, have suffered a complete collapse and are dive bombing down the table. Ross County FC, from the far north, just never got going and have some serious squad problems. Us on the other hand, apart from losing our best player to Aberdeen, are holding it together. We've made a few new signings and frankly need this game. They're untested and we would rather find out if they're crap against you guys than in our coming game on Saturday.

We're a small club, even by Scottish standards, with a group of homegrown players. Young lads who grew up in the area and have come from our academy mostly so it's great to see them develop. In 2013 we won the Scottish League Cup, knocking out Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic (3 clubs historically far greater than ours) along the way, so it's not all doom and gloom!

[skip to 9:08 for one of the mentalist moments ever, it's us going 3-1 up against Scottish Champions and Champions League club Celtic]

With 138 years behind us, you've got some catching up to do, but we don't win anything very often so shouldn't take you guys too long to do that...

Anyway, enjoy the game guys and good luck with the coming season!

MON THE BUDDIES

Tons of great insight from you guys. Thanks!

PLEASE explain to me what "MON THE BUDDIES" means, because it is just too awesome haha

Reactions: FCRU
Another Buddie sticking his head in here! Our team's in a bit of a state, but we've been relegation fodder since the early naughties and are still in the top flight of Scottish football. We're not very good but we can pull unexpected wins out the bag when they're needed.

In summary, the only reason we're still safe from the drop is two other Scottish clubs being far shitter than us. Motherwell FC, who finished 2nd last year, have suffered a complete collapse and are dive bombing down the table. Ross County FC, from the far north, just never got going and have some serious squad problems. Us on the other hand, apart from losing our best player to Aberdeen, are holding it together. We've made a few new signings and frankly need this game. They're untested and we would rather find out if they're crap against you guys than in our coming game on Saturday.

We're a small club, even by Scottish standards, with a group of homegrown players. Young lads who grew up in the area and have come from our academy mostly so it's great to see them develop. In 2013 we won the Scottish League Cup, knocking out Aberdeen, Hearts and Celtic (3 clubs historically far greater than ours) along the way, so it's not all doom and gloom!

[skip to 9:08 for one of the mentalist moments ever, it's us going 3-1 up against Scottish Champions and Champions League club Celtic]

With 138 years behind us, you've got some catching up to do, but we don't win anything very often so shouldn't take you guys too long to do that...

Anyway, enjoy the game guys and good luck with the coming season!

MON THE BUDDIES
That goal you pointed us to soon after 9:09 is awesome.

I'm out of the topic and I'm sorry, but do you know the history of your avatar ? Why the french words, and the fowl ? A french story ? Just curious ...

It's the crest of my local team, Glentoran FC - the Glens, or as we are also known, the cock 'n hens! I think that's why we have the cockerel. As for the motto... you've stumped me there, and I'm a die-hard fan! I will try and get an answer for you as I'm curious myself!

For a brand new team assembled from MLS second choice players, this looks great.

I've never watched MLS much before. Must say, Kreis is very impressive making a brand new team so cohesive against a team in the middle of their season.

Reactions: FCRU and einwindir
Nice first half. Ballouchy, Jacobsen, Velasquez stood out for me. Obviously Villa pure class. Brovsky, definitely interesting, had a few errant touches and passes. Not too much pressure on the back, but Facey and Mendoza seemed to build well out of the back. Wingert had the big foul and the cross for the goal, otherwise play didn't go much up the left. Grabavoy looked like he kept good possession, had a nice chance in front of goal. He really moves all over the place.

Reactions: Paul
I thought the performance today was extremely encouraging. We possessed the ball well, created numerous scoring opportunities, off the ball movement was good and the fitness of the players was pretty damn good!

could somebody whip up formations from the 1st/2nd half squads? Especially the 2nd.
second half was:
-------------------Fitzgerald----------------
Williams-Siriboe-Martinez-Brandt
---------POKU---Dunn----------------
Shelton------Alvarez-------Taylor----
----------------Nemec----------------

1st was:
---------------------Saunders---------
Brovsky--Facey--Mendoza--Wingert
-----------Jacobsen-------------
--Ballouchy---------------Grabavoy---
-----------Velasquez-----------------