Nycfck Blog

Kyle Wilkie

Registered
Feb 16, 2015
Surrey, England
nycfck.blogspot.co.uk
Hi Im Kyle, im 20 from England and a keen follower, supporter, fan, lover, dreamer, partner of NYCFC. I've started up a blog (http://nycfck.blogspot.co.uk/) and i plan to write about upcoming games, ideas about the club and even day to day activities. I hope im a little interesting for a few of you!
Thanks Guys

http://nycfck.blogspot.co.uk/

<Mod edit:>Here's a snippet:
Yesterday i was lucky enough to get myself from Surrey to Manchester to watch our 2nd pre-season friendly at the academy stadium at Manchester City. An incredible facility and unbelievable set up for all of the fans to enjoy.

I do believe that although we may have lost 2-0 there are plenty of positives to take from this game. Also highlighting the fact that making 10 half time substitutes probably changes what the true reflection of the game should have been. Personally from the sidelines i could see that the trio of Grabavoy, Mix & Jacobsen was used to retain possession at all costs, with Mix being the deeper of the three so that he was able to pick up the ball from the back 4. This also allowed more freedom for the forward 3 allowing more creativity and movement, all be it one of them being Nemec who adds a completely different dimension to the team.
IMG_1952[1].JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for posting this. We're very happy for you to post this, but we ask that you include all or a portion of your work in your posts when you do so, to give a taste of what your article is going to be about. Something along the lines of what I've put into your original message.

Anyway, good luck with the blog. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say in future articles.

Thanks for posting this. We're very happy for you to post this, but we ask that you include all or a portion of your work in your posts when you do so, to give a taste of what your article is going to be about. Something along the lines of what I've put into your original message.

Anyway, good luck with the blog. Looking forward to seeing what you have to say in future articles.
Yes of course I will! Anything in the future will cover that! cheers and thanks for having me!!

Reactions: einwindir
Ive just added a new post to my blog all about formations and my own ideas an opnions on formations available to us! hope you take a look and i welcome any opinions aswell!!

http://nycfck.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/formations-and-ideas.html

Opening:
I know this may seem a bit premature but its just something to think about from the first 2 pre season games we've seen.

Kreis is obviously a keen lover of the 4-4-2 diamond formation, specifically with the 2 central midfielders interchanging aswell as a deeper lying center midfielder. This seemed to be a good fit in the game vs St Mirren as they too did not play a wide formation, or for most of the game at least. This allowed our play to fit in with the possession game and created alot more space for our wing backs (almost) to push forward and form a much more solid line attacking wise, at the same time creating issues for the St Mirren defense.

This was not the case in the Brondby game though. Highlighted in the second half when the left winger for Brondby managed to stroll through the center of the pitch after Brovsky was lost upfield. I know this is only a minor issue however it was clear to see that defensively we were being put on the turn from their wide players most of the time. Although we had a strong partnership on the right with Facey & Brovsky we were left very bare as we had no midfielder to track the players running at the back line, aswell as the fact that when we did attempt to have someone wider (Tony Taylor) this meant that Mullins was stuck up top on his own..............

Hi Guys! ive just posted my review of the game from last night! i hope you all enjoy and would love some input aswell, thats what this is for!! cheers people!

Orlando 1-1 New York City FC

Well after this long awaited clash i think we have seen enough to know that this season will be a very interseting one for us, im sure with alot of ups and downs aswell.

Highlighted the most for me was the ability that we can keep the ball well, i know we may have lost it alot in the first half but since we came out in the second half with a belief that is really promising for us. I think that the most prominent comment from Kreis post game was the fact we were trying to be too clever to get out of situations where we needed to just clear our lines. This is a good sign however as we are a very confident team on the ball and we have certainly developed into a certain way of playing the possession game....
(Continued in Blog)
http://nycfck.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/orlando-1-1-new-york-city-fc-ccc15.html

Last edited:
Here's my newest piece on the 3rd DP spot!!
Hope you enjoy and leave comments! all are welcome!!!
http://nycfck.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-next-dp.html

So whats going to happen to the next DP Spot?
So were only a couple of weeks away from the start of the MLS season and we havent filled our 3rd DP slot, with one of the others not arriving till the summer and the other a world cup winner playing alone upfront is it time to start worrying?!?

Well of course it isnt!

First of all as we have seen already we have a very strong and a very full roster for the upcoming season. We may have a bit of a leaky back line but apart from this i must say we have a very strong side, especially considering only a few months ago we wouldnt of been able to field a starting eleven. We must look at the fact that in the side we have at the moment we could realistically count 3 DP's....... (Continued)

Here's my newest piece on the 3rd DP spot!!
Hope you enjoy and leave comments! all are welcome!!!
http://nycfck.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/the-next-dp.html

So whats going to happen to the next DP Spot?
So were only a couple of weeks away from the start of the MLS season and we havent filled our 3rd DP slot, with one of the others not arriving till the summer and the other a world cup winner playing alone upfront is it time to start worrying?!?

Well of course it isnt!

First of all as we have seen already we have a very strong and a very full roster for the upcoming season. We may have a bit of a leaky back line but apart from this i must say we have a very strong side, especially considering only a few months ago we wouldnt of been able to field a starting eleven. We must look at the fact that in the side we have at the moment we could realistically count 3 DP's....... (Continued)
You did a great job!I enjoy reading your blogs!

Reactions: Kyle Wilkie
Here's my latest post on the game from last night.
Maybe not the result we wanted but having another 90 minutes is always a positive for a new set up like ours!
Comments, likes, shares, ideas! anything im more than happy to view and listen to what you have to say!! :)
Thanks Guys!
http://nycfck.blogspot.co.uk/2015/02/houston-2-1-new-york-city-fc-ccc15.html

CAROLINA CHALLENGE CUP 2015
Game 2

Houston 2 - 1 New York City FC
Well we decided to go ahead with the game even though the weather was, putting it nicely... Ridiculously attrocious, and still we put in a shift again and this does mean that another 90 minutes again is under the belts of the players.

Before the substitutions in the 61st minute there was little to be please about. Facey and Poku were my two highlighted players that were in the team and when i say they were good, they were very good. Yet again Poku showed how hes focussing his game on his role model Yaya Toure as he drove forward well with the ball and was able to dribble his way out of alot of tight spaces in the center of midfield. His final ball may not be there just yet but he is looking very promising for a player who wasnt known as a midfielder until the start of pre season. Facey also had another good game, he kept the ball well at the back and was a very solid player in the game. He tracks back and with a good speed he was able to cover for Brovsky who seemed to give up with alot of defensive work in the game. Also great news is that Facey has signed a contract now, so we can feel very relieved for the team to have a more stable line up at the back now.....
(Continued in Blog)

Perhaps a little harsh to criticise the first half team when it was just Kreis giving all his reserve players a run-about. When you play your weakest XI, you're never really going to get a dazzling performance.

Also, Facey hasn't signed a contract yet - it's simply coming out that he's going to be offered a loan deal. He's probably agreed it in principle too, but it hasn't actually been signed.

Otherwise, a good read as always.

Reactions: Kyle Wilkie
Perhaps a little harsh to criticise the first half team when it was just Kreis giving all his reserve players a run-about. When you play your weakest XI, you're never really going to get a dazzling performance.

Also, Facey hasn't signed a contract yet - it's simply coming out that he's going to be offered a loan deal. He's probably agreed it in principle too, but it hasn't actually been signed.

Otherwise, a good read as always.
True but it would of been good to see some sort of performance, however the weather was horrific so you can't say too much! And yeah I think in the next few days there all signing up aren't they?

Well thanks man!!