Official: Pick At The Bones Thread (post Season Drafts)

Read on the twitterverse (no link, forget who it was) that Pappa likely headed to Colorado.

We didn't take anyone.

Urruti and the GK Alec Kann (who went to SKC) were the only players selected

Now that I think about it, it shouldn't be surprising at all a lot of teams passed in round 1.

Guys drafted today get paid what their contracts call for. When round two takes place (Monday?) teams can renegotiate the selected players contract.

Reactions: Kjbert
Now that I think about it, it shouldn't be surprising at all a lot of teams passed in round 1.

Guys drafted today get paid what their contracts call for. When round two takes place (Monday?) teams can renegotiate the selected players contract.
Only players like Pappa making $70k were worth drafting in Stage 1. Most left are on too high a salary, need to be negotiated.

Still wondering when the first Free Agent will sign. Magee, Mapp, Moor etc expecting these guys to sign somewhere through Free Agency soon.

If we select anyone in Round 2 we can negotiate their salary

This is why the real action takes place in round 2. Makes sense, why would you pick someone up at their current salary when you could do the same and negotiate their salary?

Reactions: Kjbert
Do the teams who did pick in Round 1 also get to go ahead of us in Round 2 or do they drop to the bottom of the list?
It isn't really explained very clearly on the MLS web page. It looks as if the round 1 order is maintained, but it also seems like teams that make a first round selection can't make a pick on day 2. The web page already lists both Dallas and SKC as "PASS" for the second round.

Do the teams who did pick in Round 1 also get to go ahead of us in Round 2 or do they drop to the bottom of the list?
The order of selection is the same in Round 2, except that Chicago has first pick again. Dallas only got to pick first because the traded up for Stage 1.
If Dallas hadn't picked Urruti, would you have taken a chance on him?
At 200k, I am not sure I would want NYC to go after Urruti. I am not convinced he is significantly better than Mullins, who he would replace.