Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is certain appeal to the notion that they are holding off on an announcement because they want the Blue Debut to get it's rightful attention. Still, I can't see them holding off until after July 12 if he's already signed.

I also can't see myself staying under control for that long.

I agree with some others. They don't want to upstage frank with this. They wanted to do it before but contract points slowed it down. Now they'll give frank his welcoming party and milk the promo. Then they'll parade Pirlo out after and do the same. Capitalize on both signings. It makes sense.

Reactions: Gene
I agree with some others. They don't want to upstage frank with this. They wanted to do it before but contract points slowed it down. Now they'll give frank his welcoming party and milk the promo. Then they'll parade Pirlo out after and do the same. Capitalize on both signings. It makes sense.
If they were thinking, they would totally mask Frank with this.

But as we've seen time and time again, they are not great at winning the PR battle.

I think there's truth to July 12th. I think there's zero truth to the loan. It would be a disaster of a signing for the club and serve us very little purpose. To sign a player and get a couple months out of him is idiotic. You get August, September, October and that's it.
You hardly see him at all next year. Loaned for beginning of season. Not back till July and that's IF Italy don't advance past group stages. Might not see him till August AGAIN. So you cripple yourself with no DP for almost an entire season.
C'mon. I can't buy that they'd literally be that dumb. And if they are I sure as hell hope we let them know as a fan base.

If Pirlo is loaned out next year, unless we get Messi AND Ronaldo in return, there will riots in the streets.

Reactions: The Toe
Loaned back to Juve in January for how long? Are we talking Dempsey to Fulham last year or Donovan's stints with Everton? Or is this more Beckham to AC Milan?

Reactions: Kjbert

I think there's truth to July 12th. I think there's zero truth to the loan. It would be a disaster of a signing for the club and serve us very little purpose. To sign a player and get a couple months out of him is idiotic. You get August, September, October and that's it.
You hardly see him at all next year. Loaned for beginning of season. Not back till July and that's IF Italy don't advance past group stages. Might not see him till August AGAIN. So you cripple yourself with no DP for almost an entire season.
C'mon. I can't buy that they'd literally be that dumb. And if they are I sure as hell hope we let them know as a fan base.

I agree, the loan makes no sense. They can't be this stupid, can they?

Reactions: Midas Mulligan

Fuck Glenn Crooks. I fucking hate this guy he's not a reporter... He's a radio guy who used to be a women's college coach. He doesn't have any sources. He uses google as his information and doesn't do his homework. I fucking can't stand this guy. He's been wrong so many times it's insane. He wants to feel important and he's not.

If Pirlo was 30, I'd say, fine, let him stay fit, if he wants to, so long as he's back in blue by March. But holy shit. That plan would really irk many, many fans.

Fuck Glenn Crooks. I fucking hate this guy he's not a reporter... He's a radio guy who used to be a women's college coach. He doesn't have any sources. He uses google as his information and doesn't do his homework. I fucking can't stand this guy. He's been wrong so many times it's insane. He wants to feel important and he's not.
So you just think he's okay?

They're holding off because of Frank. He was rolled through the mud during lampardgate and now it's his time to get some shine. They'll announce the signing next week Tuesday at the press conference. To deflect some of the lampardgate attention/questions.

Reactions: Gene

I assume this loan is like the Henry loans back to Arsenal - 2-3 games during winter break. Used as a sub for 15 minutes or so. And the crowd goes wild.

Reactions: gbservis and Kjbert
If the loan were real, could it not be the case that it's a loan with a recall clause, and he'd be loaned from January to the start of the MLS season and then recalled? Or do recalls have to be in the transfer windows as well?

Stupid and probably unreliable, but the latest says that Pirlo will sign for 11mil. Which would be far and away the highest salary in MLS, right? Says he's signing "tomorrow", which I have no idea if that's today or Saturday.

Wonder if the team also didn't want to have to compete with NBA free agency yesterday, which takes up a ton of the sports news.

I guess it was 9mil, 2mil bonus.

CI-K9ZXW8AAj8XH.jpg

Alos:

Last edited:
He might go back to Juve during the offseason so as to stay fit, because he still wants to play at Euro 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.