Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Erm yeah Xavi.

“I would loved to have played with Scholes," said Xavi. "He plays the game the way it should be played and at his peak he was the best midfield player in the world. “I don’t think it could ever have happened though because his love and loyalty for United was the same as mine for Barcelona.”

Keep up sunshine, i have said nothing of the sort. I watch far more other leagues, not a fan of the PL myself hence the number of players i listed from other countries but hey ho if pigeon holing is your bag.
I always thought you were a City fan

Erm yeah Xavi.

“I would loved to have played with Scholes," said Xavi. "He plays the game the way it should be played and at his peak he was the best midfield player in the world. “I don’t think it could ever have happened though because his love and loyalty for United was the same as mine for Barcelona.”

Keep up sunshine, i have said nothing of the sort. I watch far more other leagues, not a fan of the PL myself hence the number of players i listed from other countries but hey ho if pigeon holing is your bag.

You can probably make a cute little Tumblr blog with your quotes and emotions. Send me a link when you set it up so I can bookmark it.

So let me get this straight. Someone said Pirlo is top 5 mid fielders ever. Someone else disagreed. Someone else told the person that disagreed they probably only know English players. The person that disagreed showcases his vast knowledge of the game that would put half the people here in a daze and now we're being dicks to spite... Ok

So let me get this straight. Someone said Pirlo is top 5 mid fielders ever. Someone else disagreed. Someone else told the person that disagreed they probably only know English players. The person that disagreed showcases his vast knowledge of the game that would put half the people here in a daze and now we're being dicks to spite... Ok

You forgot to add...then someone else that wasn't even involved, while trying to be witty and clever...delivered a brilliant synopsis of the events lol.

I kid, I kid.

Reactions: NYCFC_Dan
If and when he is announced as an NYCFC player, a Cityzens item should be wine tasting with Pirlo.
latest

I heard a rumor Pirlo only wants to come here so he can play with Tommy Mac - we better get that guy some more time on the pitch ... Just Saying!

He then went on to say: "Of course I want to play with Mac, I am also looking forward to sharing the pitch with Matt Dunn. I think it goes without saying that players all over the world would to anything to play with players who came up through Chivas USA. Top class organization, doesn't matter what country you are from Chivas USA is legendary. I am only coming to NYCFC because I hope one day once I prove myself I can get a transfer to Chivas USA. Wait.. There is no more Chivas USA, I'm devastated, how can this be, world class organizations that produce talent like Mac and Dunn don't just disappear over night!"

Reactions: mgarbowski
He then went on to say: "Of course I want to play with Mac, I am also looking forward to sharing the pitch with Matt Dunn. I think it goes without saying that players all over the world would to anything to play with players who came up through Chivas USA. Top class organization, doesn't matter what country you are from Chivas USA is legendary. I am only coming to NYCFC because I hope one day once I prove myself I can get a transfer to Chivas USA. Wait.. There is no more Chivas USA, I'm devastated, how can this be, world class organizations that produce talent like Mac and Dunn don't just disappear over night!"
Well their academy is still hanging in there, not completely dead.

Anyways, Pirlo...

Reactions: Kjbert
Despite these reports, sources told Goal USA's Ives Galarcep rumors of Pirlo joining NYCFC are "definitely nonsense."
In the wake of Lampardgate, Pirlo probably made an agreement or commitment to join NYCFC and not actually signed a contract . . . so that means we'll see Pirlo NEXT SUMMER after he spends next season with Manchester City. :rolleyes:

In the wake of Lampardgate, Pirlo probably made an agreement or commitment to join NYCFC and not actually signed a contract . . . so that means we'll see Pirlo NEXT SUMMER after he spends next season with Manchester City. :rolleyes:

I've alluded to this in private conversation with NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan but the organization stateside is operating very cautiously with this announcement.

Anyone who has tweeted that "NYCFC" representatives are meeting with Pirlo is wrong. This is a Ferran Soriano move. Is it possible that Tom Glick is in Berlin right now too? I guess. But the commitment has been or would be made to Ferran and not someone from NYCFC.

NOBODY. AMand I mean NOBODY hates on Dunny on the forums. Man did an interview with us and was incredibly generous with his time. And he played in a lot of places besides Chivas, wouldn't say he 'developed there.'

NOBODY. AMand I mean NOBODY hates on Dunny on the forums. Man did an interview with us and was incredibly generous with his time. And he played in a lot of places besides Chivas, wouldn't say he 'developed there.'

I'm just kidding, was more of a swipe at Chivas than those guys. I have very high hopes for both of them. I like the young guys on our team, wish they got more time so we can see what they have to offer.

Reactions: kylelovescrayons
NYCFC_Dan NYCFC_Dan any chance of future interviews? I loved what you did with those. Does the club restrict access during the season? Would be interesting to have one with Poku, Facey or Saunders specifically.
Didn't go through the club. I have to agree with NYC media in that it is nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone at that club.
Have no friends or 'insiders' within the club.
Will see about someone else in the near future. But since season started I haven't wanted to bother anyone.

Before anyone posts that Fox Sports article saying Times of India is reporting what Pirlo said…

Goal.com was the first to post this:

http://www.goal.com/en-us/news/69/t...ndrea-pirlo-mls-could-be-an-idea?ICID=HP_BN_1

It seems it's all bullshit as Times of India doesn't have any quotes from Pirlo anywhere. So I'll call bullshit on that.

No direct quotes. At least AS made the statement themselves instead of saying someone else said something.

Pirlo is a ridiculously good player and would be one of the best on the team and in the league. Do we really need to bicker over where he stand in the all time great list? That's such a subjective argument. For instance I respect the greatness of Cruyff, Pele, Maradona , Platini etc. but I've only seen highlights and snippets for me Zidane is the best I've seen though I can understand the arguments for Messi and Ronaldo , different eras /positions etc. just make it impossible to prove.

Didn't go through the club. I have to agree with NYC media in that it is nearly impossible to get a hold of anyone at that club.
Have no friends or 'insiders' within the club.
Will see about someone else in the near future. But since season started I haven't wanted to bother anyone.

Thank you

Very vigorous debate gentlemen! I'm in agreement with both of you mrplow2000 mrplow2000 and BxLio91 BxLio91 regarding some of the midfielders on the list. Most I am familiar with exception of a few.

We have a saying in Spanish "Para gusto se hicieron los Colores"
Translation- Colors where invented for everyone's taste. Lol Have a fun day guys

Reactions: Kjbert and Fantazma
Status
Not open for further replies.