Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mmm well i gave you a chance and remember theses are boards for debate, to start off NEVER use "you are wrong" you may not agree but that is your prerogative. I can see a great player too, they are not difficult to spot.

I will give you 5 names better than Pirlo in midfield

Cruyff, Zindane, Platini, Iniesta, Xavi.

There are also Gullit, Rijkaard, Netzer, Matthaus, Boniek, Scholes, Neeskins, Rensenbrink, Tardelli, Figo, Laudrup, Seedorf in which one can argue the toss.

Is that you? Not been following football long have you lol
Yea man. I'm a big deal in my country's army.

not only is Chiellini out, Barzagli is not 100% and Caceres is out. Bonucci has been lights out....but, but...wait for it. Angelo Ogbonno very well might start, who has been anything but stellar this year. And with that also goes any hope of a Pirlo ride into the sunset.

not only is Chiellini out, Barzagli is not 100% and Caceres is out. Bonucci has been lights out....but, but...wait for it. Angelo Ogbonno very well might start, who has been anything but stellar this year. And with that also goes any hope of a Pirlo ride into the sunset.
Maybe his lack of a ride off into the sunset will keep him motivated when he comes to MLS with NYCFC.

Just to add to the conflicting Sea of Rumors, going on on this thread, here are my 0.2 cents for whatever it may be worth . An article from Soccer America magazine

ICYMI | MLS: Pirlo signing reported, United sets home mark
by Ridge Mahoney, June 4th, 2015 1:03AM

Legendary Italian player Spanish outlet AS reported Wednesday that Italian international midfielder Andrea Pirlo has accepted an offer to play for New York City FC starting next month. He will play, presumably, his last game for Juventus Saturday against Barcelona in the Champions League final.

Pirlo, 36, has played in three World Cups and helped Italy win the 2006 competition. At the club level, he’s captured six Serie A titles and two Champions League crowns with Juventus. He scored five goals in 30 games (all competitions) for Juve this season. He is fourth on Italy’s all-time caps list with 113 appearances and has scored 13 international goals.

Signing Pirlo would fill NYCFC’s three Designated Player slots. David Villa has played since the start of the season and Frank Lampard will be eligible to play next month.

Reactions: Kjbert
Wait, did someone just say that Scholes is a better midfielder than Pirlo?

Erm yeah Xavi.

“I would loved to have played with Scholes," said Xavi. "He plays the game the way it should be played and at his peak he was the best midfield player in the world. “I don’t think it could ever have happened though because his love and loyalty for United was the same as mine for Barcelona.”

;););)

Well yeah. Cause people that only watch PL think every MU player is better than anyone in Serie A. Ever.

Keep up sunshine, i have said nothing of the sort. I watch far more other leagues, not a fan of the PL myself hence the number of players i listed from other countries but hey ho if pigeon holing is your bag.

Status
Not open for further replies.