Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just about to post this too. Something different. I can see the reasoning behind it, I don't think the MLS is much slower, if anything it's more pace cause most players are running all over the pitch like a chicken with its head cut off.

I think slower pace got lost in translation. I interpreted slower pace as less games versus playing with Juve (Serie A, UCL and Coppa Italia).

Reactions: whill4 and Kjbert
I don't think Pirlo is debating leaving Juve. It's all the national team. I truly believe those tears were for knowing he's leaving Juve. He wanted to concentrate on the two Italy games after and make sure Conte knows his desire.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think slower pace got lost in translation. I interpreted slower pace as less games versus playing with Juve (Serie A, UCL and Coppa Italia).

Yes I agree 100%. I was attempting to be funny. I'll need to work on my deliver lol.

Here is the Daily Express article that NYCFC Watch referenced but for some reason chose not to link.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...o-Frank-Lampard-New-York-City-Transfer-Gossip

It really says nothing beyond repeating the same old vagueness, but it does feature a video of Mario Balotellu playing piano for Pirlo.
Because, random?
http://link.brightcove.com/services...T89Vx7-WohMy609X-EmDHq9qo&bctid=4134214459001

Here is the article that Daily Express is citing, and the translation of the bit about Pirlo.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/edit...-soldi-solo-imbula-milan-c-e-kondogbia-693693

And if Tevez decided and will not come back, a week of national did however come in much doubt Pirlo. The player has essentially already decided to leave Juve to go to New York in the American League, for a fabulous salary of 12 million euro. He decided farewell to the league, hoping to leave open a window to play the European Championship next year with the national team.

Talking with Antonio Conte in retreat, Pirlo has realized that even for him there will be guaranteed if the place will go to play in a league where the rhythms are different, there is no competitive intensity physical and mental. The risk of becoming a former player is tall and the Count did reflect.

Now Pirlo falters, the desire to play and try to win the only competition in which he has triumphed is a great stimulus.

Here is the Daily Express article that NYCFC Watch referenced but for some reason chose not to link.
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...o-Frank-Lampard-New-York-City-Transfer-Gossip

It really says nothing beyond repeating the same old vagueness, but it does feature a video of Mario Balotellu playing piano for Pirlo.
Because, random?
http://link.brightcove.com/services...T89Vx7-WohMy609X-EmDHq9qo&bctid=4134214459001

Random ? No I'll take them both please. Younger attacking player? hmmm? I'd take a gamble on crazy Mario. Just let him know there's no serious racism problem at MLS games.

Reactions: NickA
I'd take a gamble on crazy Mario.
As a Man City fan I have to say I don't really want anything to do with Balotelli any more. Same with Tevez. Sure, they're both amazing players who can do incredible things. I just don't really want them on my team.

NYCFCWatch was a little off in its tweet. This isn't the Express reporting that Pirlo is heading to NYCFC. The Express is quoting an Italian news outlet. I don't know the credibility of the Italian outlet, but it's article says that Pirlo "has essentially already decided to leave Juve to go to New York..." [Emphasis added].

So, even the Italian media source isn't saying it's a done deal, only that things strongly appear to be headed that way. It's not clear what their sources are either.

Here is the article that Daily Express is citing, and the translation of the bit about Pirlo.

http://www.tuttomercatoweb.com/edit...-soldi-solo-imbula-milan-c-e-kondogbia-693693

And if Tevez decided and will not come back, a week of national did however come in much doubt Pirlo. The player has essentially already decided to leave Juve to go to New York in the American League, for a fabulous salary of 12 million euro. He decided farewell to the league, hoping to leave open a window to play the European Championship next year with the national team.

Talking with Antonio Conte in retreat, Pirlo has realized that even for him there will be guaranteed if the place will go to play in a league where the rhythms are different, there is no competitive intensity physical and mental. The risk of becoming a former player is tall and the Count did reflect.

Now Pirlo falters, the desire to play and try to win the only competition in which he has triumphed is a great stimulus.
My my just a little contempt there. I guess Italy doesn't have much else going for it, so they have to get where they can?

Reactions: Drainyoo and Kjbert
As a Man City fan I have to say I don't really want anything to do with Balotelli any more. Same with Tevez. Sure, they're both amazing players who can do incredible things. I just don't really want them on my team.
I know that Balotelli's a bit lazy and is a headcase, so I worry about any MLS manager being able to handle him.

However, even at 75% due to Balotelli being totally mental, a Balotelli-Villa partnership would be the best in MLS history.

It will never happen, but good god - if it did, /r/MLS would be collectively wetting themselves.

NYCFC Watch is reliable. He confirmed Iraola and Angelino 2 days before the team announced it.
Yeah, I'm going to agree to disagree. From what I've seen, they reappropriate a lot of tweets and present them as insider info (without crediting sources.) I'm not the first to accuse them of that, either.

You damn sure want him in your All-World Football Chamber Orchestra

Status
Not open for further replies.