Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grabavoy is Kreis' disciple and he is the perfect case, he shows up all over the field to fall down and throw his hands up while standing still.

Orson-welles-clapping.gif

Some will, some won't. It's just how some fans are now Red Bulls fans because Thierry Henry was there. Some won't watch anymore, some still will. Same with Beckham. Regardless, it grows the fanbase.
Frankly, I don't think these star DP's do anything to hurt the growth of the team and league's fan base. They do upset some of the existing fans who are tired of the league being regarded as a retirement league, but they get over it eventually.

Reactions: gbservis
Frankly, I don't think these star DP's do anything to hurt the growth of the team and league's fan base. They do upset some of the existing fans who are tired of the league being regarded as a retirement league, but they get over it eventually.

Like anything else - all the cool kids who jumped on board from the beginning will jump off the bandwagon when it is no longer cool to support the club.

At that point, the league will have succeeded because casual Americans will have joined in on MLS. It's happening now.

Reactions: Gene and gbservis
Some will, some won't. It's just how some fans are now Red Bulls fans because Thierry Henry was there. Some won't watch anymore, some still will. Same with Beckham. Regardless, it grows the fanbase.
Like anything else - all the cool kids who jumped on board from the beginning will jump off the bandwagon when it is no longer cool to support the club.

At that point, the league will have succeeded because casual Americans will have joined in on MLS. It's happening now.
Is it really? Where I live in the U.S. the MLS is a joke. People laugh at MLS. I'm hoping this isn't the case in most of the country though.

Every time you look at the player positions heat maps from the games, all our midfielders are jumbled up in no discernable shape. I don't think Kreis really gives a shit about the specific midfield positions (except CDM). he lets the players drift to where they are comfortable. Grabavoy is Kreis' disciple and he is the perfect case, he shows up all over the field to fall down and throw his hands up while standing still. I think we will all obsess over where everyone will be played, but the truth is they will have the freedom to go where they want.

Mix Lampard and Pirlo will all play midfield. Defense in this system comes from the back 4 plus CDM, and super wide play, ie white paint on the boots, comes from the full backs. The center will rotate and if they all get comfortable with each other its going to be frigging beautiful.

For the visual learners:

--------------Saunders------------
-----Facey-------------Hernandez---
Iraola-------------------------Calle----
---------------Jacobson---------------
-----Pirlo-------Mix------Lampard---
----MIx ----Pirlo-------Lampard----
---Lampard----Mix------Pirlo------
----Mix------Lampard----Pirlo----
------Mullins-------Villa-----------

Yup. Last game (attacking right to left):

4UE74zp.png

It's always that shape, the "2-3-blob."

Just throw our best five attacking players out there and let them do their thing. IMO, that's Villa, Pirlo, Lampard, Mix, and Poku.

Is it really? Where I live in the U.S. the MLS is a joke. People laugh at MLS. I'm hoping this isn't the case in most of the country though.

MLS is certainly garnering more notoriety and attention in this country but it's still not taken seriously by most. It's going to take a long time, probably a couple of generations for it to become a powerhouse.

Reactions: Z4CH3B99
Every time you look at the player positions heat maps from the games, all our midfielders are jumbled up in no discernable shape. I don't think Kreis really gives a shit about the specific midfield positions (except CDM). he lets the players drift to where they are comfortable. Grabavoy is Kreis' disciple and he is the perfect case, he shows up all over the field to fall down and throw his hands up while standing still. I think we will all obsess over where everyone will be played, but the truth is they will have the freedom to go where they want.

Mix Lampard and Pirlo will all play midfield. Defense in this system comes from the back 4 plus CDM, and super wide play, ie white paint on the boots, comes from the full backs. The center will rotate and if they all get comfortable with each other its going to be frigging beautiful.

For the visual learners:

--------------Saunders------------
-----Facey-------------Hernandez---
Iraola-------------------------Calle----
---------------Jacobson---------------
-----Pirlo-------Mix------Lampard---
----MIx ----Pirlo-------Lampard----
---Lampard----Mix------Pirlo------
----Mix------Lampard----Pirlo----
------Mullins-------Villa-----------
Well said. Kreis deploys a free roaming midfield, the formation is merely a technicality

Reactions: Kjbert
Is it true that Pirlo is already very famous in NYC ?

Based on the amount of press and this forum...he's the 2nd coming. Yes he's probably the most popular Italian player.

Is it true that Pirlo is already very famous in NYC ?

Maybe NYCFC_Dan can muster up some traffic stats here. The Pirlo thread seems to be the most popular one, besides the rumor thread. I'd be interested to see if there is a correlation between new membership and a potential or official Pirlo signing.

Among soccer fans he is, but you have to remember that is maybe 15% of the population. Most people would have no idea who he is.

In fairness, Bill De Blasio walks down the street and only 50% of the population notices him.

New Yorkers are just weird. It really isn't a celeb-fuck type of town. Unless it's Derek Jeter.

This is not directed at you The Toe The Toe you're a gentleman and a scholar! thanks for sharing

It's weird cause Carlo Laudisa from Gazzetta dello Sport are the one of the two Italian outlets that said he was waiting until Jan/Feb. There the only ones to say that. NYCFCWATCH needs to learn to figure out how to cite sources and follow along. They think they have breaking news, but no, they don't. Sorry, almost bothers me as much as Hey Baby lol.

Reactions: The Toe and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.