Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not gay. It's sports.
0fc.gif

Still quoting the same paper but ...

These are a lot of big news outlets citing this paper. I can't believe they are all so corrupt that they would publish these articles just to drum up page views if they didn't have confirmation or believe the sources of the paper or run the story through some other journalistic integrity test.

200.gif
How would it be corrupt? They are all clearly stating that this one newspaper is reporting something. The fact that zero other papers in the world have come up with anything to support it, in fact, other reporters have said they are not close, is more telling than anything.

Still quoting the same paper but ...

These are a lot of big news outlets citing this paper. I can't believe they are all so corrupt that they would publish these articles just to drum up page views if they didn't have confirmation or believe the sources of the paper or run the story through some other journalistic integrity test.

200.gif
It's not they are corrupt, it's that they get leaks from ONE side of the story and run with it. The reality is always in the middle.

How would it be corrupt? They are all clearly stating that this one newspaper is reporting something. The fact that zero other papers in the world have come up with anything to support it, in fact, other reporters have said they are not close, is more telling than anything.

Eh, that's not corruption. If you really want to talk about misconduct by football journalists then you should look at the conduct of AS and Marca in Spain. If you see them run with a story then you really need to question the motives behind the story. In the British press, and many Euro journos, they run with a story just because it will generate interest. AS and Marca are, however, closely (albeit not publicly) affiliated to Real, and will frequently publish stories which are directly aimed at facilitating transfers for them. They'll "leak" interest in an attempt to make players push for a transfer, they'll make stories aimed at destroying the confidence of rival players or unsettling their dressing rooms, and so on. The very definition of biased sports journalism.

Eh, that's not corruption. If you really want to talk about misconduct by football journalists then you should look at the conduct of AS and Marca in Spain. If you see them run with a story then you really need to question the motives behind the story. In the British press, and many Euro journos, they run with a story just because it will generate interest. AS and Marca are, however, closely (albeit not publicly) affiliated to Real, and will frequently publish stories which are directly aimed at facilitating transfers for them. They'll "leak" interest in an attempt to make players push for a transfer, they'll make stories aimed at destroying the confidence of rival players or unsettling their dressing rooms, and so on. The very definition of biased sports journalism.
Cool. Where can we get one?

Reactions: Kjbert
Erm yeah Xavi.

“I would loved to have played with Scholes," said Xavi. "He plays the game the way it should be played and at his peak he was the best midfield player in the world. “I don’t think it could ever have happened though because his love and loyalty for United was the same as mine for Barcelona.”

Oh, well if Xavi said it then it must be true.

Fino alle Fine!

Even if Pirlo does come, I wouldn't expect an announcement in the next couple days. Still lots to work through, everyone seems to forget Juve in this equation, he's still under contract. If Juve loses I don't think they want the announcement of Pirlo leaving right after the game, if they win then maybe sometime next week.

Last edited:
Reactions: FootyLovin
Champions League final commentary on Pirlo:
- This could be his final game with Juventus before heading to MLS
- This could be his final game in Italy before heading to England

Last edited:
Andrea Pirlo in tears: Juventus midfielder gets emotional after Champions League final in last Juve appearance

From The Independent. Again citing AS, but it's a serious newspaper and their journalists are well-connected.

Also the tears and body language didn't suggest to me that he's staying. Hard to imagine he would be that emotional if he was going to be back at Juve next season.

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.