Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep. There may not be much left on the table, but it doesn't sound like there is a deal yet. Maybe it's that option for 2017. Maybe it's the start date. Maybe Pirlo wanted to go to Miami to think about it and that's slowed things down.

They'll get it done.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yep. There may not be much left on the table, but it doesn't sound like there is a deal yet. Maybe it's that option for 2017. Maybe it's the start date. Maybe Pirlo wanted to go to Miami to think about it and that's slowed things down.

They'll get it done.
Somewhat more hopeful take: the deal is done but The Don and ESPN pressured NYC to make the announcement on TV Sunday.

They'll get it done.

I've been curious about this supposed option snag for 2017. Does Pirlo want the option to opt out or is it the team...my guess Pirlo wants the 2 1/2 years.

Somewhat more hopeful take: the deal is done but The Don and ESPN pressured NYC to make the announcement on TV Sunday.

This would make more sense if he was actually in town to be at the game. I don't know if it's different when you're that rich, but I probably wouldn't go to Miami on a Thursday if I knew I needed to be back in New York by Sunday morning.

This would make more sense if he was actually in town to be at the game. I don't know if it's different when you're that rich, but I probably wouldn't go to Miami on a Thursday if I knew I needed to be back in New York by Sunday morning.

Mix was in Cabo Monday but I saw him last night in Brooklyn...

*Edit*

And rang the NASDAQ closing bell on Wednesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.