Official: Pirlo Signs With Nycfc... Soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Europe these tournaments are big deals for all the top players, not just Pirlo. This is nothing new either. He's consistently talked about how important Euro is to him, so if true, it's not a shock. Big time European players aren't necessarily beating down the MLS door to come here. Euro is a big friggin deal there. How many MLS players will be involved? Very few. Europeans will see Pirlo playing in one of the top tournaments of the world with a storied national team, not only representing Italy but NYCFC too. That could have a very positive impact on our club going forward.

Being in Europe for the Euros is obviously fine. But things like playing in MLS to "stay in shape" only, or potentially missing our preseason or even regular season games to get some token appearances against higher competition as practice? That makes it sound like he doesn't think "Euros > MLS", but rather, "Player > Team."

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm coming down from the "we got Pirlo!" high and starting to get nervous our DP's aren't going to work out as well as we hope.

Reactions: MagnusPax
But things like playing in MLS to "stay in shape" only, or potentially missing our preseason or even regular season games to get some token appearances against higher competition as practice?
I interpreted the rumor mill as saying Pirlo's potential loan back to Juve would be what would keep him in shape for Euro '16.

Being in Europe for the Euros is obviously fine. But things like playing in MLS to "stay in shape" only, or potentially missing our preseason or even regular season games to get some token appearances against higher competition as practice? That makes it sound like he doesn't think "Euros > MLS", but rather, "Player > Team."

Maybe I'm paranoid, but I'm coming down from the "we got Pirlo!" high and starting to get nervous our DP's aren't going to work out as well as we hope.
I see your point. I think it is partially fair and partially once bitten, twice shy. We've had a shaky start to our DP experience. I'd still like to see Pirlo on the field before worrying about next year. Unless we hear that the loan is something longer than a couple of games I'm not bothered by it. Plus a lot can happen in six months.

Italy is trying to go younger and it's a big risk for him to come here and losing an opportunity to play in Euro. So I see it more as him trying to stay in form rather/relevant than not caring about NYCFC. As big as a Pirlo I am, I don't particularly like it either, but as a bigger fan of the Azzurri it would be amazing seeing the Italian National Team having a NYCFC player on it. Too bad there wasn't a way to have this set up but not having him use up our last DP spot. I think that's the biggest issue here. This last spot is like gold to us and nobody wants to see it wasted. Hopefully NYC and Juve are working together on this...it wouldn't hurt us to have a relationship with a Serie A powerhouse, we already have a strong PL connection. Yes it sucks to seem like a B team though, but we are still in our first season and we aren't necessarily a juggernaut. We need to play better ball first and foremost, cause we actually looked like a practice squad last weekend. I am losing faith in our coaching staff and am starting to think its time to look outside MLS for a experienced coach that can deal with international players.

801-a-Bronx-Tale-quotes.gif

I will say, I spent many hours on a boat, in waters of less than ideal conditions. It seemed as though we would never catch a fish.

But then, I called upon a greater power - no pirlo, no pesce- and as I slipped on my shirt, this happened. It was the one fish we caught all day.

No Pirlo, No Pesce

WAHOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

And yeah.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    251.4 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Italy is trying to go younger and it's a big risk for him to come here and losing an opportunity to play in Euro. So I see it more as him trying to stay in form rather/relevant than not caring about NYCFC. As big as a Pirlo I am, I don't particularly like it either, but as a bigger fan of the Azzurri it would be amazing seeing the Italian National Team having a NYCFC player on it. Too bad there wasn't a way to have this set up but not having him use up our last DP spot. I think that's the biggest issue here. This last spot is like gold to us and nobody wants to see it wasted. Hopefully NYC and Juve are working together on this...it wouldn't hurt us to have a relationship with a Serie A powerhouse, we already have a strong PL connection. Yes it sucks to seem like a B team though, but we are still in our first season and we aren't necessarily a juggernaut. We need to play better ball first and foremost, cause we actually looked like a practice squad last weekend. I am losing faith in our coaching staff and am starting to think its time to look outside MLS for a experienced coach that can deal with international players.
Of course Pirlo's risk is to not be $11 million richer. He isn't coming here because of love of NYC, Napa valley wines or to go to DisneyWorld. He's coming for big paycheck, probably much bigger than Juventus will pay him.

Of course Pirlo's risk is to not be $11 million richer. He isn't coming here because of love of NYC, Napa valley wines or to go to DisneyWorld. He's coming for big paycheck, probably much bigger than Juventus will pay him.
So your argument is for him to stop being a vag?

I agree. Just making sure I understand.

I think Pirlo will be announced during the Frank Lampard press conference at 3 PM on YES Network. Lampard, Pirlo...they'll also have Villa on the stage. EPIC!

I think Pirlo will be announced during the Frank Lampard press conference at 3 PM on YES Network. Lampard, Pirlo...they'll also have Villa on the stage. EPIC!
That would be amazing but I don't think the announcement will come then.

Reactions: FootyLovin
Frank Lampard doesn't need another press conference to himself. That already happened.
I saw that during the game I got a big wtf? Reaction during the game. Why is this needed, unless we also introduce iraloa &angelino just seems wasteful

I can honestly say I usually have no idea what you are talking about.
I can honestly say your pompousity is endearing in an arrogant asshole kind of way.

Edited: just to clarify my position, I say this as an expert on the topic of arrogant asshole commentary. And just to alleviate all confusion, I intended the my original comment as a sort esoterically humourous, sarcastic meta-criticism about the fact that we are all whining about him not signing/being announced yet. You're re-evaluating everything you thought you knew about me now, aren't you MagnusPax MagnusPax ? (Insert appropriately disarming emoticon so everyone knows we don't have a real beef or anything. Man, you guys are a tough crowd.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Paul and Gavin23
Status
Not open for further replies.