Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
A couple of months ago Lampardgate hit us hard and pissed us off. A lot of us were demanding that they drop Lampard and pick up another high quality player, or at least kept lampard and buy a world class talent to make up for CFG's fuck-up. Then we picked up Mix which was a huge successful hit with all the fans and one that a lot of us were clammering to happen for months to happen. The Mix deal made us feel a lot better but still not completley over Lampardgate, but it was a good start to make up for it. At this point, with all the people that seem to want DDR on these forums, if NYCFC were to get him would that for the most part make up for their complete and utter fuck up they made in January? I understand there will still be some hurt feelings and that we will always have to be aware of CFG trying to be some sneaky assholes But would it make you feel as if CFG legitimatly is making an effort to apologize, make up for their screw up, and show that they do care about the success of NYCFC and the happiness of it's supporters?

Last edited:
A couple of months ago Lampardgate hit us hard and pissed us off. A lot of us were demanding that they drop Lampard and pick up another high quality player, or at least kept lampard and buy a world class talent to make up for CFG's fuck-up. Then we picked up Mix which was a huge successful hit with all the fans and one that a lot of us were clammering to happen for months to happen. The Mix deal made us feel a lot better but still not completley over Lampardgate, but it was a good start to make up for it. At this point, with all the people that seem to want DDR on these forums, if NYCFC were to get him would that for the most part make up for their complete and udder fuck up they made in January? I understand there will still be some hurt feelings and that we will always have to be aware of CFG trying to be some sneaky assholes But would it make you feel as if CFG legitimatly is making an effort to apologize, make up for their screw up, and show that they do care about the success of NYCFC and the happiness of it's supporters?
I would need Ferran and Txiki to cut off their pinkies and Fat Frank to commit seppuku. Only then would the wrong be righted.

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
I would need Ferran and Txiki to cut off their pinkies and Fat Frank to commit seppuku. Only then would the wrong be righted.
The wrong shall never be righted. It will forever be a black smudge on our teams history. What I'm asking really is that would it help us as the supporters believe again that our opinions matter and that they don't just view us as "their feeder team."

The wrong shall never be righted. It will forever be a black smudge on our teams history. What I'm asking really is that would it help us as the supporters believe again that our opinions matter and that they don't just view us as "their feeder team."

Edit: Kindve like the same feeling we got when they listened to our wants an picked up mix, but on a larger scale just for the fact that De Rossi is better player and person now than what Frank ever was.

Reactions: Kjbert
Edit: Kindve like the same feeling we got when they listened to our wants an picked up mix, but on a larger scale just for the fact that De Rossi is better player and person now than what Frank ever was.
Mix was coming WAY before Frank the snake outed himself. We took 1st in allocation order just for him.

Mix was coming WAY before Frank the snake outed himself. We took 1st in allocation order just for him.
Thats not for certain for two reasons. 1. Kreis obviously made a mistake when he chose to take the Allocation draft #1. He was shown trying to change his choice in the live streaming of the conference when they were choosing. He with the rest of the NYCFC staff just used there mistake and made something great happen with it. And 2. Mix was being courted by a handful of other teams for months on end. If he were already coming during that time then they would've signed him, but mix was still weighing options at that time like he had done in the past with the other MLS teams he was linked to. He made the right choice in the end and thank God for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kjbert and BxLio91
Thats not for certain for two reasons. 1. Kreis obviously made a mistake when he chose to take the Allocation draft #1. He was shown trying to change his choice in the live streaming of the conference when they were choosing. He with the rest of the NYCFC staff just used there mistake and made something great happen with it. And 2. Mix was being courted by a handful of other teams for months on end. If he were already coming during that time then they would've signed him, but mix was still weighing options at that time like he had done in the past with the other MLS teams he was linked to. He made the right choice in the end and thank God for it.
Im not sure but I think we picked allocation order first, and made the mistake with our second choice,.

He's not from the Bundesliga. He's from 2 Bundesliga.

Still think DP 3 is Xavi but why not a RW? Who knows with the formation but Villa could play out left.

30759.jpg

Adam Nemec our new Fwd from Slovoc... the hair game seems on point for our teem.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...onal-adam-nemec-reportedly-headed-new-york-ci

Reactions: Paul and MagnusPax
Im not sure but I think we picked allocation order first, and made the mistake with our second choice,.

Yup. Just went back and looked up this description from reddit to confirm.
Draft Priority Draft results

Bit of a shit-show, but it's not the end of the world.

Orlando got first choice and went for first pick in the Expansion Draft (which is where players from other MLS teams can be selected to play for the expansion teams).

Kries chose priority in the allocation ranking, which was unexpected, and suggests that an American DP may be on the shopping list.

Orlando then chose first pick in the SuperDraft (selection of college players).

Kreis then picked the Discovery Ranking, but says it was a mistake. This makes us 21st in line to call dibs on big name talent... yeah, not very useful.

Orlando gets 1st priority on USL Pro players

Next we got 21st on the Waiver/Re-Entry Draft, which is something I haven't really tried to understand.

Orlando got 21st in the Lottery Ranking

We were left with the 1st Designated Player ranking, which to the best of my knowledge has never been used.

It's not great, but for every 1st pick Orlando got, we got 2nd pick, so for the worst it could possibly have gone, it's really not that bad.

http://www.reddit.com/r/NYCFC/comments/2hcqwn/draft_priority_draft_results/

So Kreis was very confident that he wanted the allocation ranking. Which suggests they probably already had the Mix deal in mind.

Yup. Just went back and looked up this description from reddit to confirm.

So Kreis was very confident that he wanted the allocation ranking. Which suggests they probably already had the Mix deal in mind.
I just went and found it on Mlssoccer.com as well. Apparently I confused the second with the first pick, I apologize. So yes, I believe you're right that they were always in the hunt for Mix. But i still am not certain that they had the Mix deal done when the Lampard situation hit the fan. I think when it did they felt it was all the more important to get Mix to help quell the outcries of the furious fans. But again this is only my opinion as an avid fan

Reactions: Paul
I just went and found it on Mlssoccer.com as well. Apparently I confused the second with the first pick, I apologize. So yes, I believe you're right that they were always in the hunt for Mix. But i still am not certain that they had the Mix deal done when the Lampard situation hit the fan. I think when it did they felt it was all the more important to get Mix to help quell the outcries of the furious fans. But again this is only my opinion as an avid fan
I am not prepared to give them that much credit. Although my expectations from a year ago are blown away just with Mix and Villa, two of my favorite players, that I really don't care at this point.

Reactions: Kjbert and Gene
^^^ This. A lot of time and a lot of situations have to come and go before anything changes as far as I'm concerned.
I don't think its something they can rectify without an ownership sale. They proved our fears that we would not be a separate team from **** city. We all deal with that, and enjoy the team as it is set up. Its still going to be great, but I won't be surprised when we get wank'ed around again.

I don't think its something they can rectify without an ownership sale. They proved our fears that we would not be a separate team from **** city. We all deal with that, and enjoy the team as it is set up. Its still going to be great, but I won't be surprised when we get wank'ed around again.
I can't say I disagree. Due to the timing I believe the Lampard situation turned out to be a proverbial "perfect storm" that I'm not so sure can ever happen again. I mean any player signed for NYCFC during the July transfer window would/should head right to New York and anyone signed in January would/should head our way for pre-season training.

But just for shits & giggles should that situation ever arise again for whatever reason I want to see how it's handled. Was the Lamaprd situation a freak or is it going to be the norm?

And for the sake of discussion what happens if a kid like Shelton turns out to be the real deal? Is he going to be allowed to stay with us or is he going to the UK under some sort of half assed guise?

That's why I said in my last post quite a few situations have to come and go before I change my mind on things.

I can't say I disagree. Due to the timing I believe the Lampard situation turned out to be a proverbial "perfect storm" that I'm not so sure can ever happen again. I mean any player signed for NYCFC during the July transfer window would/should head right to New York and anyone signed in January would/should head our way for pre-season training.

But just for shits & giggles should that situation ever arise again for whatever reason I want to see how it's handled. Was the Lamaprd situation a freak or is it going to be the norm?

And for the sake of discussion what happens if a kid like Shelton turns out to be the real deal? Is he going to be allowed to stay with us or is he going to the UK under some sort of half assed guise?

That's why I said in my last post quite a few situations have to come and go before I change my mind on things.
It really comes down to compensation, if we are paid a market transfer fee for Shelton (in your example) I'd be happy, because he is moving up a level, which we cannot stop. The problem to me is we lost a player for NYC with no compensation.

I posted this on the preseason thread to respond to someone who put the tweet on. So I will also post it here where it belongs. It seems as if we're getting Shay Facey a CB from Man Citys u-20 team. He looks good and this will be a good pick up for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.