Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly is a DP spot?

Players making above $387k a year are called designated players (DPs). Each team is currently only allowed 3. It's a cost control measure, and to ensure no team is able to really dominate everyone else. Right now the players union and the league are negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement, which is likely to allow teams to have 4-5 designated players.

I posted this on the preseason thread to respond to someone who put the tweet on. So I will also post it here where it belongs. It seems as if we're getting Shay Facey a CB from Man Citys u-20 team. He looks good and this will be a good pick up for us.

I cannot see that being a permanent move.

Players making above $387k a year are called designated players (DPs). Each team is currently only allowed 3. It's a cost control measure, and to ensure no team is able to really dominate everyone else. Right now the players union and the league are negotiating a new collective bargaining agreement, which is likely to allow teams to have 4-5 designated players.
Ah, okay. Thanks! :) i'm not used to all these MLS rules :p

That link is Bs and they have no clue what they are talking about. Just throwing 3 clubs against the wall with no regard.

From mlssoccerdotcom:
facey.jpg

While NYCFC will have the opportunity to bring in up to four players on loan from Manchester City, there are no immediate plans for the 21-year-old Facey to join New York for the upcoming MLS season.

Facey, a Manchester native who plays both centrally and as a right back, is working on preseason fitness with NYCFC following an injury and is expected to return to the Manchester City EDS, according to a New York City FC spokesperson.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/artic...aining-new-york-city-fc-unlikely-join-expansi

Again with De Rossi. Not saying it could never happen, but at least with Xavi you knew there was smoke. With De Rossi it was just a passing mention about moving to the US at some point

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
when speculating between DDR and Xavi bright side is you can prob wait it out for a few more months since its not like either are joining until summer.. at least its not like we have to select xavi now which could cost us DDR in a few months

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.