Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems as if we're getting Shay Facey a CB from Man Citys u-20 team. He looks good and this will be a good pick up for us.
I agree, we are lacking in the defensive department and he will be a great fit. Also there were a lot of talks about him around page 70 of this thread as well for some more information if you'd like to see it. I just went back and re-read it

He's played a lot of FB and is only 5'10", so I'm thinking his playing time comes at LB or RB rather than CB. With Wingert, Brovsky, Williams, Facey, and Naglestad, I think we can check off the FB position as covered, along with ST and MID.

Still would like to see one more CDM and one more CB brought it before the end of the month.

I'll just repost what I posted in the Pre-season thread:

Shay Facey is a 21 year old Mancunian, whose been at MCFC since he was 12.

He's a right back who can play centre back and has been for the last year or so (Vieira likes to play players in different positions to help them develop different aspects of their game). He's quick and good on the ball, but sometimes lacks concentration or upper body strength. He's is decent in the air and (for his age) his positioning is excellent.

Good news as I felt NYCFC were a little short at the back (particularly RB). However, this will be his first taste of professional football (excluding a pre-season tour with MCFC last season) so he may not exactly hit the ground running.

MCFC profile
Transfermarkt profile
Documentary: One to Watch

I mentioned Shay has a player who may go to New York previously. If it does happen I think it will be good for the player and club. Shay started off at RB and has played for the EDS as CB for the last couple of seasons.

I expect he may be playing at RB at New York. So hopefully he will prove to be successful in his time playing with NYC.

Who would be the projected start between Nemec and Mullins?

It might be a straight open competition. Mullins showed promise last season, but also disappeared for long stretches. Nemec seems pretty good and fit for MLS playing style, but it might take some adjustment. They might just play the hot hand. Shelton gets the rare start unless injuries strike and he moves up the totem pole.

Side note, I think Tony Taylor profiles more as a winger/top striker, like Villa, so he will likely only back him up rather than play along side him.

Would love Nacho. Would be incredible.

I think one of Mullins or Shelton ends up in Wilmington. Possible Taylor as well. Although we are thin at RW depending on formation.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins
It should be pointed out that Iheanacho has only just got his leg out of a cast from breaking his ankle, so if he's coming it'll probably take a few more weeks.

http://as.com/diarioas/2015/01/27/english/1422368284_859171.html

L.A. Galaxy, Toronto and NY City interested in signing Casillas
Offers of up to six million euro to secure the goalkeepers services have been cited, after Casillas’ declarations in yesterdays Wall Street Journal.

Iker Casillas’ interview with North American daily, The Wall Street Journal, where he assured that he would like to play one day in the MLS has generated major interest amongst leading MLS teams.

Fichajes.net report that serious interest to secure the Spanish internationals services is emerging from three MLS franchises: LA Galaxy, Toronto FC and David Villa’s team, New York City FC. They add that a reported fee of 6 million has been cited as the quantity necessary to secure the Real Madrid goalkeepers signature.

What is clear is that once he leaves Madrid, Casillas has no intention to moving to a club on a similar sporting level to the current Champions League holders. He has no desire to compete against, what has been his life-long team. The move to American soccer is proving more popular as the game develops Stateside. Barça’s, Xavi Hernandez was closet o moving to the US but in the end, Luis Enrique convinced him to stay at Barcelona.

Iker....

Reactions: sbrylski
Iker would be amazing in goal, but I'd rather not use a DP spot there. Defense, fine, but a CB would be better.

Plenty of serviceable GKs in MLS but Casillas just might be worth it for the marketing value and I'm saying this as a Barca fan.

Reactions: Paul
Eto'o says on his Instagram that he has joined Sampdoria on a 3,5 year deal...
Other news; Casillas says he is willing to move to the MLS... Would be an awesome signing right? :)

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.