Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
2015 MLS transactions (Argentina)
  • Belgrano
  • Argentina Jrs
  • Independient
  • River Plate
And that's just players from Argentina. Some other nice signings from places like Nantes, Benfica etc.

Stefan Bondy had the following to say. He is currently with the team in Charleston.

I also read some more about Xavi not being out of the question during the summer transfer window.

A midfield with Mix, Xavi, Lampard... is a pretty damn good midfield.

I asked him and no words on a name/rumor. I like that Bondy is covering NYCFC. He is pretty good covering my Nets :)

I asked him and no words on a name/rumor. I like that Bondy is covering NYCFC. He is pretty good covering my Nets :)
Yeah I doubt they would give him a name. But if he's hearing hints I tend to think they've at least targeted some people and gagged interest.

I wonder if it's possible that they offered Xavi and Lampard the exact same deals. Loan to MCFC, join NYCFC in January.

Lampard said yes, signed with CFG with an agreement to sign with NYCFC in January, and the rest is history.

Xavi said no, I'm not playing for MCFC in the meantime. I'm staying at Barca. However, I'll join at the end of the next season, during the summer transfer window.

Reactions: Kjbert
Guys - Lampard didn't sign a loan deal. He signed with MCFC and didn't sign with NYCFC until January.

I think Xavi is a done deal for the summer. Just makes toooooo much sense.

Villa-Shelton
Mix
Xavi-Lampard
Grabavoy
Crappy backline
Mediocre Goalkeeper

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Guys - Lampard didn't sign a loan deal. He signed with MCFC and didn't sign with NYCFC until January.

Villa-Shelton
Mix
Xavi-Lampard
Grabavoy
Crappy backline
Mediocre Goalkeeper
While Xavi's name recognition would help to make this one of the easiest to name starting XIs in the league, I'm not positive we need much more in the midfield.

This team really needs a deep lying midfielder who can both break up plays defensively and move the ball forward on offense.

We really need to build up the back. Our efforts to sustain possession in the back against Orlando City were pitiful, and a CDM would go a long way towards helping, there.

Villa-Shelton
Mix
Xavi-Lampard
Grabavoy
Crappy backline
Mediocre Goalkeeper
Hold it, Grabovoy is now the CDM of choice? What? AJ, Poku, maybe even Calle if he is proven.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
are there CDM options in the rest of the MLS? I dont know much of the non DP players in the rest of the league. that true DM is really needed.

Reactions: Kubah
are there CDM options in the rest of the MLS? I dont know much of the non DP players in the rest of the league. that true DM is really needed.
Non-DP CDMs in MLS?

• Beckerman
  • Alonso (no longer a DP)
  • Dax McCarty
  • perry Kitchen
  • Jeff Larecwotiz
  • amobi Okugo
  • Will Johnson
  • JB Pierazzi
  • Matias Laba
  • Oh and Will Trapp

I think we need a young,but proven DP,I feel that getting Xavi wound be great but we need someone that can help us for a few years,not just one or two seasons.
Mix and Calle are probably DP level players, we were originally hearing Calle would be a DP. So I think that getting a Xavi wouldn't compromise the future or anything, there is young talent on the team. I'm more worried about the back line.

IF we have both Lampard and Xavi in the midfield, then our DM will have to give a lot of energy to make up for the OAPs. Poku may be able to provide that, but does he have the discipline/positional awareness to play the CDM role without (much) assistance? Maybe Grabavoy, does AJ have the legs to do the job of three?

Mix and Calle are probably DP level players, we were originally hearing Calle would be a DP. So I think that getting a Xavi wouldn't compromise the future or anything, there is young talent on the team. I'm more worried about the back line.
Yes you are correct,I am worried about the back line just as bad as you are.

Status
Not open for further replies.