Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the idea of having 2,305,516 central midfielders on our books. Fits in well with the diamond formation. Ha ha. But in all seriousness having a formation that plays so tight ours DP could be well spent on a player of Xavi's calibre. No matter what that would be an incredible lineup ...

Mix
Calle
Xavi
Lampard
Villa

It's just as many have already pointed out the fact that our defense may not be up to the standard of MLS football. I still think having a player such as Demichelis would be adding a lot more talent. As well I really hope we keep Shay Facey. A very seasoned head on such young shoulders and great footballing talent!

I like the idea of having 2,305,516 central midfielders on our books. Fits in well with the diamond formation. Ha ha. But in all seriousness having a formation that plays so tight ours DP could be well spent on a player of Xavi's calibre. No matter what that would be an incredible lineup ...

Mix
Calle
Xavi
Lampard
Villa

It's just as many have already pointed out the fact that our defense may not be up to the standard of MLS football. I still think having a player such as Demichelis would be adding a lot more talent. As well I really hope we keep Shay Facey. A very seasoned head on such young shoulders and great footballing talent!
In MLS, because of the cap, you can either get average MLS ers at every position, or you can choose to have to quality at some positions, while neglecting others. The successful teams have gotten top quality attacking players, and got by on defense with guys who maybe weren't great on their own, but could be a serviceable unit if well coached. Seems like that's what we are doing. Defense might have a bunch of growing pains

In MLS, because of the cap, you can either get average MLS ers at every position, or you can choose to have to quality at some positions, while neglecting others. The successful teams have gotten top quality attacking players, and got by on defense with guys who maybe weren't great on their own, but could be a serviceable unit if well coached. Seems like that's what we are doing. Defense might have a bunch of growing pains
Yeah exactly and hopefully if we do we can get some real attacking quality which will allow us to create a lot of chances, as we've deen Tayloy, Shelton & Mullins along with Villa are good strikers so hopefully if we get them the ball in promising positions we can punish the opposition. Again as you said, the defense could cause a lot of heart in mouth situations!

Maybe they go 4-3-3 with Xavi out left, Lampard out right and Mix in the middle.

Maybe they go 4-3-3 with Xavi out left, Lampard out right and Mix in the middle.
I haven't watched enough MLS to know for sure, but though that midfield would even rival a few teams in Europe in terms of skill and ball playing ability I feel like it would be over run and lacks the defensive bite to succeed long term.

Mix and Calle are probably DP level players, we were originally hearing Calle would be a DP. So I think that getting a Xavi wouldn't compromise the future or anything, there is young talent on the team. I'm more worried about the back line.
Have we seen enough to know that JC is a DP level player? Genuinely asking - I know he's well thought of and young, but "DP level" is a pretty bold statement.

Have we seen enough to know that JC is a DP level player? Genuinely asking - I know he's well thought of and young, but "DP level" is a pretty bold statement.
I'm just saying that many media members/insiders were saying he could be the 3rd DP. I should have worded that first sentence better. I have no idea what kind of player he is. Wasn't my opinion or anything, just what other people were saying.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Is that NewYorkCityWatch twitter legit? It has over 15k followers, those have to be fake/bought followers right?

I haven't watched enough MLS to know for sure, but though that midfield would even rival a few teams in Europe in terms of skill and ball playing ability I feel like it would be over run and lacks the defensive bite to succeed long term.

Yeah you're right. It might work great on FIFA but in reality Xavi and Lampard are far too slow and weak defensively to play in a midfield three. I do not think Lampard will play CM for you. He is such a goalscoring threat you really want him to be playing behind the striker and ghosting into space like he has done countless times for Chelsea and now City. If you want the best out of Lampard you definitely have to play two midfielders behind him who are competent defensively. That's why I cannot see Xavi being the 3rd DP, getting a CB or wide midfielder/winger would probably be a better choice.

And he might not even be DP for that, since NYCFC probably used allocation funds to buy it down below DP levels (like Mix's salary).

It was reported as a one-year loan with an option to buy at $1 million. So we don't know if he will count as a DP next year, which depends on whether we buy him, how much allocation money we have, and what the DP threshold will be under the new CBA.

Reactions: Kjbert
Yeah you're right. It might work great on FIFA but in reality Xavi and Lampard are far too slow and weak defensively to play in a midfield three. I do not think Lampard will play CM for you. He is such a goalscoring threat you really want him to be playing behind the striker and ghosting into space like he has done countless times for Chelsea and now City. If you want the best out of Lampard you definitely have to play two midfielders behind him who are competent defensively. That's why I cannot see Xavi being the 3rd DP, getting a CB or wide midfielder/winger would probably be a better choice.

The more I see Mix play, the more I see his defensive qualities. Just spitballin', but what if you brought in Xavi and Lampard this summer and moved to a 4-3-3:

Code:
4-3-3 Starting Lineup  Reserves

----Villa------------------------------Taylor---  Shelton, Calle
--------------------Mullins---------------------  Nemec, Shelton
------------------------------------------------
-----------Lampard-------------Xavi-------------  Grabavoy, Velasquez
----------------------Mix-----------------------  Jacobson, Poku
---Wingert----------------------------Williams--  Brovsky
--------------Hernandez----Facey----------------  Mendoza, Watson-Siriboe

Unfortunately, I really don't think a 4-3-3 is in Kreis' wheelhouse. Probably going to pound the 4-4-2 diamond into our player's skulls until they gel in it.

The more I see Mix play, the more I see his defensive qualities. Just spitballin', but what if you brought in Xavi and Lampard this summer and moved to a 4-3-3:

Code:
4-3-3 Starting Lineup  Reserves

----Villa------------------------------Taylor---  Shelton, Calle
--------------------Mullins---------------------  Nemec, Shelton
-----------Lampard-------------Xavi-------------  Grabavoy, Velasquez
----------------------Mix-----------------------  Jacobson, Poku
---Wingert----------------------------Williams--  Brovsky
--------------Hernandez----Facey----------------  Mendoza, Watson-Siriboe

Unfortunately, I really don't think a 4-3-3 is in Kreis' wheelhouse. Probably going to pound the 4-4-2 diamond into our player's skulls until they gel in it.
I don't think that 4-3-3 would work because while Mix is good defensively, I don't think he is good enough to make up for the immobility of Xavi and Lamps- few Dms would be able to do that, you'd probably need someone like Matic, Schweinsteiger, or Vidal. And with Matic charging around after players and Vidal and Schweinsteiger always injured I'm not sure if they're players we want :p

Laurent Ciman looks rock solid in this CCL game on FS2. CB that Montreal was able to get as a non-DP. I'm jealous

lucas podolski would be dope. Podolski on that left would destroy mad right backs in this league.

Podolski--------Villa------------Shelton
---------------Lampard-----------------
---------Mix--------------Poku----------
Wingert----------------------------Williams
---------Mendoza-------Facey-------------
----------------Meara------------------------

But for those who really like the 4-4-2 - id go with Adebayor

------------Villa---------------Adebayor----------
---------------------Lampard----------------------
---Taylor-------------------------------------Grabavoy
-----------------------Mix------------------------------

dat attack looks dope peru like our defense not so much.

Last edited:
Laurent Ciman looks rock solid in this CCL game on FS2. CB that Montreal was able to get as a non-DP. I'm jealous

Like him a lot. Will be fantastic for them. Looks like he's already trying to take a leadership role with the team. Tried to get in the middle of all the scrums - and there were a lot last night after the 70th minute.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Status
Not open for further replies.