Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
lucas podolski would be dope. Podolski on that left would destroy mad right backs in this league.

Podolski--------Villa------------Shelton
---------------Lampard-----------------
---------Mix--------------Poku----------
Wingert----------------------------Williams
---------Mendoza-------Facey-------------
----------------Meara------------------------

But for those who really like the 4-4-2 - id go with Adebayor

------------Villa---------------Adebayor----------
---------------------Lampard----------------------
---Taylor-------------------------------------Grabavoy
-----------------------Mix------------------------------

dat attack looks dope peru like our defense not so much.
Do we have to go over why Adebayor would be a bad idea AGAIN?

Have you guys watched us play? Have you watched Barcelona and Man City this year? Lampard and Xavi might not be the players they were 3 years ago, but there's a reason they were both on the roster yesterday in Manchester and guys like Grabavoy, Diskerud, Jacobson, Poku, Velasquez, etc. were not.

Reactions: Kubah
Interesting quote from Claudio...

“It’s true that we have tried to sign him before, but next year we will need new Designated Players and that door remains open for him.”

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Interesting quote from Claudio...

“It’s true that we have tried to sign him before, but next year we will need new Designated Players and that door remains open for him.”
Designated players as in more than one? We already have two, does he know something we don't know about the league allowing a 4th DP?

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Is Lampard only here for one year? Are we adding two DPs with the new CBA?

Can't take that as a throwaway quote.

Is Lampard only here for one year? Are we adding two DPs with the new CBA?

Can't take that as a throwaway quote.

Even with Lampard we only have 2 DP, and the new CBA will likely allow for 4-5 total DP-level players. I can definitely see Lampard and Xavi each playing two full seasons to get our franchise off on the right track, plus Villa, Mix, and another DP, preferrably at CDM.

My XI would be

Saunders/Johansen
Brovsky - Facey - ??? - Grabovoy
??? - Mix - Lampard - Poku - Shelton
----------------Villa

It's a 4-5-1 which is most likely to be 4-2-3-1 with Lamps, Shelton and the RWM playing more for attack, but, as Mix and Poku are like to attack too, it could be written as 4-5-1, multipurpose and attacking 4-5-1

Come on, the deffence is not so bad. Facey and Brovsky are very impressive and solid. Not sure about who should be a 2nd cb though. A decision for a lb problem may be Grabovoy.
Brovsky is solid? Have you watched any of our matches?

Also, I think we are vastly under shooting in the proposed signings. I am 95% sure that playing in NYC was a major factor for Mix and Villa. Let's go with those types of players -
1) young to mid-20s top 4 "fringe" guys
2) early 30s worldies with up to 4-5 years left

You focus on that, and I would bet that those ages and skill levels start converging really damn quickly for the opportunity of playing/living in this city.

Last edited:
I though Brovsky played poorly yesterday.

I'm all for shooting for the moon, but they're signing guys on frees. So it's great that you want to focus on guys in their 20

Reactions: DiRoma
I watched the match vs Dynamo and he was quite solid and just amazing
Most of the opinions I have seen have brovsky playing poorly. For instance, he lost Davis on the first goal and misjudged the header, giving him a free shot. He also missed badly on the stoppage time equalizer chance from 3 feet out. There are always two ways to look at the same thing though, what did you like about his performance?

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.