Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly, I know he is a lot younger. But pirlo is a way different player than Ganso. I think pirlo was a good choice.

But what gets me is this free transfer crap. They have the money to pay for transfers.

I suspect some of the free transfer stuff is MLS pushing them not to pay transfer fees to maintain the precedence that MLS teams avoid playing transfer fees. No matter how much money CFG has in the end the player still has to sign a contract with MLS.

I wonder what that means for Tefu, because in the little I have seen of Tefu, I really like him. Mena seems to be comparable but 4 years younger.

I would be cool with both since Facey is unfortunately likely gone after this year

I wonder what that means for Tefu, because in the little I have seen of Tefu, I really like him. Mena seems to be comparable but 4 years younger. I would be cool with both since Facey is unfortunately likely gone after this year

How much have you seen of Tefu? Really keen to know how he's doing!

Mena could be a good addition, but I wonder what this means for Tefu or George John.

A quick Google of Mena and I'm underwhelmed. Seen comments that he's good? Would he be a backup (low budget) player? I would have thought a club like NYCFC would go after bigger players to complement your DPs?

Question: Is the 'transfer window' open in the MLS? Not sure how your roster thing works. Is there a deadline for adding/removing players?

Reactions: Kjbert

A quick Google of Mena and I'm underwhelmed. Seen comments that he's good? Would he be a backup (low budget) player? I would have thought a club like NYCFC would go after bigger players to complement your DPs?

Question: Is the 'transfer window' open in the MLS? Not sure how your roster thing works. Is there a deadline for adding/removing players?
I've heard lots of great things about Tefu and I hope we get him,but being linked with another cb really surprised me.

I wonder what that means for Tefu, because in the little I have seen of Tefu, I really like him. Mena seems to be comparable but 4 years younger.

I would be cool with both since Facey is unfortunately likely gone after this year
Why do you think Facey is gone? When is his deal with MCFC over? Any chance they release him for us?

He was poor at FB, and I question if he's big enough to play CB in the EPL.

I say all this because I'm in the camp that he should play another year or two here and log some serious first team minutes. If he gets himself to an near an MLS all star level defender on the field and in reputation, it could be the difference between going to a Championship level club that is competing for promotion or one where he's constantly under fire and forced to nothing but defend and smash balls upfield. I think the latter would be a difficult place for him to show off his best qualities.

Transfer window is July 8-August 6. Problem with adding "bigger players" to complement our DPs is we still have to stay within salary cap. So we add the best we can within that restriction.

I've heard lots of great things about Tefu and I hope we get him,but being linked with another cb really surprised me.

I agree that the link with another CB is odd. Especially since the rumors are that George John is progressing. He's off the injured list, etc. I wonder if this is just leverage for the negotiation with Tefu. Maybe he was asking for too much money and the club felt they needed an alternative either to jump to or to scare Tefu into a smaller contract.

Reactions: marky365
Why do you think Facey is gone? When is his deal with MCFC over? Any chance they release him for us?

He was poor at FB, and I question if he's big enough to play CB in the EPL.

I say all this because I'm in the camp that he should play another year or two here and log some serious first team minutes. If he gets himself to an near an MLS all star level defender on the field and in reputation, it could be the difference between going to a Championship level club that is competing for promotion or one where he's constantly under fire and forced to nothing but defend and smash balls upfield. I think the latter would be a difficult place for him to show off his best qualities.

All I know of Facey's deal is what I have read here and Twitter. I really hope his loan gets extended another season because I think it's best for all parties involved, but I'm worried MCFC may want something for him in England, maybe in the championship.

Makes me wonder:
1. What is really happening with John? Didn't he just come off the IL?
2. What is up with Tefu? Did one of the sides get cold feet?
3. Have we seen the last of Hernandez and his $200+ k contract?
4. Does the team know Facey's loan won't be extended?
5. What would a 3 minute highlight reel for KWS look like?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Makes me wonder:
1. What is really happening with John? Didn't he just come off the IL?
2. What is up with Tefu? Did one of the sides get cold feet?
3. Have we seen the last of Hernandez and his $200+ k contract?
4. Does the team know Facey's loan won't be extended?
5. What would a 3 minute highlight reel for KWS look like?

Inquiring minds want to know.

1) George John is still on the injured list.
2)I heard NYCFC will announce the decision to sign or not Tefu on Tuesday. I also heard the deal is basically done(we've heard that before).
3) I'm starting to think Hernandez might be traded.
4) Who knows Facey is here this season hopefully longer.
5) Thanks for raining on my parade KWS is awful and probably could put together a decent highlight video

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 26
Reactions: FootyLovin
How the hell are we going to be able to sign Pirlo, Tefu, and Mena without letting go of some of these foreign players.

Pablo Alvarez and Nemec seem surplus at this point, but God forbid Villa goes down, does NYC really want to rely on Mullins?

Can a team buy more international roster spots?

5) Thanks for raining on my parade KWS is awful and probably could put together a decent highlight video
:)
I always find this part fascinating. Because yes KWS could probably have a great 3 minute reel. But having said that what I liked in the Mena video was:
A) his stance. Wide and low. Good fundamentals.
B) his strength. The way he bodied others off the ball looked very strong.
C) his feet. He looked comfortable with the ball. Not hurried. Not worried.

Good signs. I hope.

Status
Not open for further replies.