Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe with two offensive players in Villa and Lampard on board we should be looking at a ball winning D mid or someone to marshal the central defense rather than another attacker?

Maybe with two offensive players in Villa and Lampard on board we should be looking at a ball winning D mid or someone to marshal the central defense rather than another attacker?

I wouldnt count on Lampard, if he was a done deal it would have been announced, the speculation and reports are the same as Xavi and look how that turned out. I'm hoping lampard doesnt sign and we get two new DPs

you mean like Garreth Barry?

Already signed with Everton

I know. EFC Fan here. But that's the type of player.

Not a fan of Torres. But maybe he just needs to play alongside Villa to be good. He would be a hit amongst the women folk though.

just read that Chelsea has a 20M Pound price tag on Torres and Athleti couldn't afford him

but we can? I don't think MLS would go for that. And he's not a 20M Pound (or USD) player

just read that Chelsea has a 20M Pound price tag on Torres and Athleti couldn't afford him

but we can? I don't think MLS would go for that. And he's not a 20M Pound (or USD) player

Don't undervalue how good the EPL is and don't overvalue how good MLS is. ;)

Reactions: Kjbert
Lol, pipe dream, but imagine: Villa, Lampard, and Torres, plus new CBA adding a 4th DP effective Jan. 1 and NYCFC adding Xavi in the winter transfer window:

Code:
-------Villa----Torres--------
------------------------------
--------Xavi------------------
--XXXX--------Lampard---XXXX--
-Brovsky--XXXX---XXXX---XXXX--
--------------GK--------------

That would just be silly for MLS.

Reactions: Paul and Vito
Lol, pipe dream, but imagine: Villa, Lampard, and Torres, plus new CBA adding a 4th DP effective Jan. 1 and NYCFC adding Xavi in the winter transfer window:

Code:
-------Villa----Torres--------
--------Xavi------------------
--XXXX--------Lampard---XXXX--
-Brovsky--XXXX---XXXX---XXXX--
--------------GK--------------

That would just be silly for MLS.
That would be silly for Serie A.

Reactions: Paul

its not MLS going after him its NYCFC who is backed by one of the wealthiest clubs in all of sports. man city has more money than they know what to do with

Would MLS have to approve a figure of that size? I know our situation is different than Philly - but still

Id rather have Altidore or Johansson than torres.
Pound for pound (or dollar), absolutely.

But I think he trumps both with his general skill (he's just lost all confidence and thus his play has suffered badly). If he could regain form he and Villa (with the right midfield) would absolutely dominate current MLS defences.

I don't think he comes, though.

Would MLS have to approve a figure of that size? I know our situation is different than Philly - but still
They would be a part of any negotiations for an international transfer and they do have approval rights (since they would technically own the registration of the player).

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.