Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you watched the ManCity vs SKC game tonight, you saw two possible targets for NYCFC (well besides MC loanees; see that thread).

CJ Sapong, the night's lone SKC goal scorer and goalkeeper Andy Gruenbaum. I think both had decent games, and probably better than most SKC players. Anyone else watch it? What did you think?

If you watched the ManCity vs SKC game tonight, you saw two possible targets for NYCFC (well besides MC loanees; see that thread).

CJ Sapong, the night's lone SKC goal scorer and goalkeeper Andy Gruenbaum. I think both had decent games, and probably better than most SKC players. Anyone else watch it? What did you think?
Sapong would be a nice get. I don't know much (okay, I know nothing) about Gruenbaum.

If you look at SKC from a salary standpoint, I wonder what happens now that Zusi and Besler are DPs.

I am so psyched for this team. Can't wait for the season to begin. Now as far as this new signing... I"m sure you all know of Lampard's 9/11 incident... I'm kind of hoping it's not him, but that's just me

If you look at SKC from a salary standpoint, I wonder what happens now that Zusi and Besler are DPs.
Agreed, I was theorizing in another thread that maybe players like Collin are expendable. That would be a good pickup for NYC.

Reactions: Kjbert
Well they said they're looking for a mid to fill out the last DP signing. What do you guys think?
The blind conjecture of the Xavi thread may still be a possibility: we've already agreed to have Xavi come over in late January (to allow him to continue to train/play with one of the best teams in the world and for Barcelona to have a legend for a bit longer).

Most likely a pipe dream, of course, but it is my right to hope. ;)

Would not be bad as long it benefited both sides.

But I just feel that there are younger comparable American midfielders currently of less notoriety that we could build into dominant players (which is the long-term goal).
Like Michael Bradley?

Or who else do you think is reasonable? I know we discussed Danny Williams, but he signed an extension. The other guys I would want are probably either too young and just joined a club or too close to 1st team football in a bigger league.

Eta: Klejstan might be ready to come over, and I'd take him for our needs if he wouldn't take a DP slot. He's one of those guys we'll have to pay nearly $1mm/year, but he doesn't have the talent or personal marketability to justify using a DP slot. To me, he's exactly the kind of player MLS clubs should go for, but he's exactly the kind of player the wage structure makes difficult to justify.

Last edited:
Javi Garcia, Jermaine Jones, Diskerud. Eiter of those would be awesome.
How much is Mix making in Norway? Would he definitely be a DP? I'd love to have him selfishly, but would rather he moves to a better league for the MNT. With the amount of money being splashed around by the owners, and with Xavi having been dangled, I want someone huge for the 3rd DP slot.

What's with the infatuation with Jermaine Jones? Nothing really special about it, and it seems like people have a woody for him because of the World Cup. I'd rather have Bradley any day. Being a Napoli fan, he drove the team nuts when he played for Roma. Besides, if Jones was any good he'd be playing for Germany, not USA.

So Jones was better than Bradley in the WC, and Bradley plays for USA, I don't see how playing for the USA is a knock? And Bradley is not available, Jones is.

What's with the infatuation with Jermaine Jones? Nothing really special about it, and it seems like people have a woody for him because of the World Cup. I'd rather have Bradley any day. Being a Napoli fan, he drove the team nuts when he played for Roma. Besides, if Jones was any good he'd be playing for Germany, not USA.
Free transfer, available and plays a position of need at a UCL level. Other than that, not much.

I think most of us are trying to be somewhat reasonable with our fantasies, so saying you'd take Bradley over him isn't the context for others suggestions of Jones. Bradley hasn't even played one season of his fat contract with MLS. We have nothing to trade, so it's basically a non-starter.

Reactions: MagnusPax
How much is Mix making in Norway? Would he definitely be a DP? I'd love to have him selfishly, but would rather he moves to a better league for the MNT. With the amount of money being splashed around by the owners, and with Xavi having been dangled, I want someone huge for the 3rd DP slot.

It is not really how much he is making that would make him a Dp, but rather the transfer fee involved. That is why some Dp's make 300,000 grand or less in this league yet they are considered DP's. I have never seen play in norway to be honest. But he has been impressive in some US matches.

I would love a huge singing as well. It would be nice to see them get someone who isn't on a free transfer. It would be awesome and unlikely, but if they are willing to open the purse guys I would go after are Ramires, De Rossi, Van De Vaart, Alex Song, Xabi Alonso, and mashcerono . Would make a HUGE statement to sign one of these. But again, these kind of signings might just be a pipe dream right now.

Free transfer, available and plays a position of need at a UCL level. Other than that, not much.

I think most of us are trying to be somewhat reasonable with our fantasies, so saying you'd take Bradley over him isn't the context for others suggestions of Jones. Bradley hasn't even played one season of his fat contract with MLS. We have nothing to trade, so it's basically a non-starter.

Wasn't comparing Bradley because I think NYCFC will get him, just pointing out that Jones isn't anything special. Just because he's available and free doesn't mean they should get him. I think they can do much better, and should. With that said, if they do get him I won't be crying.

How about Julian Greene? That would be an amazing signing. The future of USMNT playing for the future of MLS standard football.

Status
Not open for further replies.