Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll be a bit surprised if Jermaine leaves LA. I think he wants Galaxy or the Ghost of Chivas.

I'm still hoping for that shock Torres transfer just for the insanity of it all.

I'll be a bit surprised if Jermaine leaves LA. I think he wants Galaxy or the Ghost of Chivas.

I'm still hoping for that shock Torres transfer just for the insanity of it all.
For it, if for no other reason, we can then witness the eponymous Fernando Torres hat trick first hand on a regular basis.

Fernando Torres hat trick: a whiff, a shanked sitter and inexplicably offside; credit to Roger Bennett when describing Gonzalo Higuain's performance in the finals of the WC.

Mix is out of contract next year. It could a pre contract and a free transfer

It would be awesome and unlikely, but if they are willing to open the purse guys I would go after are Ramires, De Rossi, Van De Vaart, Alex Song, Xabi Alonso, and mashcerono . Would make a HUGE statement to sign one of these. But again, these kind of signings might just be a pipe dream right now.

Xabi Alonso, while 32 years of age, won't be going anywhere for at least another season in Madrid. He'll be getting regular starts for the European champs. Also, I believe when's he done at Real Madrid he'll likely try to go back to Real Sociedad, his beloved club in Basque Country.

As for van der Vaart, I heard recently that he said he'd like to come play in NYC. I'm not sure he meant right now, but we'll see.

How much is Mix making in Norway? Would he definitely be a DP? I'd love to have him selfishly, but would rather he moves to a better league for the MNT. With the amount of money being splashed around by the owners, and with Xavi having been dangled, I want someone huge for the 3rd DP slot.
When Portland toyed with getting Mix last year the rumor was he would be a DP, and like BlueWarrior was saying, I think it was part transfer but also part his wage. My guess his wage would cost over the $387k current cap for players and would be a DP.

Still a good choice. Jones is good too, and also no transfer fee. Oh and both are American!

I assume NYC would use Villa as a striker not a winger. What wingers are out there that could compliment this growing team? I've mentioned Sapong on other threads, he can play it. Maybe NYRB is done with Bobby Convey. Although I loath him, Jacob Peterson at SKC might be surplus after the DP signings there. Thoughts?

When Portland toyed with getting Mix last year the rumor was he would be a DP, and like BlueWarrior was saying, I think it was part transfer but also part his wage. My guess his wage would cost over the $387k current cap for players and would be a DP.

Still a good choice. Jones is good too, and also no transfer fee. Oh and both are American!

I assume NYC would use Villa as a striker not a winger. What wingers are out there that could compliment this growing team? I've mentioned Sapong on other threads, he can play it. Maybe NYRB is done with Bobby Convey. Although I loath him, Jacob Peterson at SKC might be surplus after the DP signings there. Thoughts?

For wingers, id prefer guys who are good 1 v 1 then crossers. With Villa up to I don't imagine he is going to score much crosses. I wish we can get a guy like Djalo on loan. I absolutely love technical players like him. But If we can't get him Dilly Duka would be an awesome signing. Lade would be a good winger, not a full back. He has a high defensive and offensive work rate. He is a defensive winger, kind of like a poor mans ji sung park. If you are looking for a kid with tons of potential, Id go for Brian Span. Some other good technical wingers, tony cascio and carlos alvarez. Besides that, I don't know. Not much quality wingers here.

Reactions: MagnusPax
For wingers, id prefer guys who are good 1 v 1 then crossers. With Villa up to I don't imagine he is going to score much crosses. I wish we can get a guy like Djalo on loan. I absolutely love technical players like him. But If we can't get him Dilly Duka would be an awesome signing. Lade would be a good winger, not a full back. He has a high defensive and offensive work rate. He is a defensive winger, kind of like a poor mans ji sung park. If you are looking for a kid with tons of potential, Id go for Brian Span. Some other good technical wingers, tony cascio and carlos alvarez. Besides that, I don't know. Not much quality wingers here.
Great suggestions. Seems like most pundits think that Villa needs a strike partner. MLSsoccer.com thinks NYCFC will do either a 4-2-3-1 or a 4-4-2 (more likely) with Lampard in the CAM up top.

http://www.mlssoccer.com/video/2014...ical-fit-nycfc-scouting-report-player-profile

I'd guess Kreis goes with a 4-4-2 diamond midfield with Lampard up top and a big striker paired with Villa in attack.

Reactions: Kjbert
I think Lampard would be best in a 4-2-3-1 and Villa in a 4-4-2. If you look at MLS, not a lot of teams have had success when doing a formation other han the 4-4-2.

Pound for pound (or dollar), absolutely.

But I think he trumps both with his general skill (he's just lost all confidence and thus his play has suffered badly). If he could regain form he and Villa (with the right midfield) would absolutely dominate current MLS defences.

I don't think he comes, though.

His most recent contribution to my theory:

https://vine.co/v/M0tEJVTBr0B

In his defence, though, that chance is not quite as easy as it seems. He needs to leave Chelsea and quick.

Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan will enjoy it.

If we're talking who we'd like to see then yeah Julian Greene. If like to see him play for us. Practically, it would be tough to draw him over.

Reactions: MyBoyVilla
Yeah if Julian were coming to MLS, it would have been last year. He's shooting for the first team this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.