Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey @SydneyFC. I appreciate you're fairly new around here so you likely haven't picked up what the moderation is like on this forum, but as this forum has proven to be a little...volatile...in the past, we state in our ToS that inflammatory posts are against the rules, regardless of whether we know that they're said with tongue in cheek or not.

By all means state that you don't like Melbourne, we're not censoring your right to hate a rival city, but comments in the style of your last post are liable to be moderated so please avoid going that far in future.

Reactions: einwindir
Aquilani would be the best playmaker in this league. Hands down. But the midfield would be a bit light with both him and Lampard.

Best? Hands down? Javier Morales, Pedro? Vieri? Even with Kaka? Still?
Kaka is finished and Aquilaini is better than all of those players. He has been one of Fiorentina's more important players the last couple seasons. Which is why I don't see it actually happening. But if it did then it would be a massive coup for NYCFC.

Here's a name - Iker Casillas
Will he come for less than a DP contract? Does NYCFC use their last DP on him otherwise?

I don't see Reyna and Kreis bringing in a non-American starting goalie, and I think they want an attacking player for that last DP slot.

In 2013 his base salary was $210,000 but it says his cap hit was $285,000

That seems a little much for a GK. We can make a move for Meara or MacMath. Their salaries are significantly lower and they're also younger.

Makes no sense to get a foreign keeper either. USA makes good ones in droves and we need a certain number of US players on the squad.

1) Gspurning was in America for 2 years, playing for Seattle. He might be close to a green card.
2) he is a very good keeper. He had a mental lapse in his last month in the playoffs that doomed him
3) MLS clubs retain rights for a few years, Seattle has his. That's life.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I would rate Gspuring above MacMath and Meara. Although both are younger and have probably greater potential.

I just read that Gspurning's nickname from his time in the Greek league is Cerberus, Hades' 3 headed hellhound. Great nickname!

I would rate Gspuring above MacMath and Meara. Although both are younger and have probably greater potential.

Gspurning is 33 so he still has plenty of years left in goal, but Meara and MacMath are in their early 20s and have potential to grow into great US gks

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.