Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would expect Saunders and Watson-Siriboe to be backup/squad players.

Really? I feel like as long as he's fit Saunders will be the starting keeper at least for the first part of the season. It doesn't seem like we'll get anyone better out of the expansion draft.

Really? I feel like as long as he's fit Saunders will be the starting keeper at least for the first part of the season. It doesn't seem like we'll get anyone better out of the expansion draft.

Philly signed the Algerian international and made him their starter so they have Zac MacMath and Andre Blake on their bench. I'd have a feeling they wouldn't mind parting with MacMath

Philly signed the Algerian international and made him their starter so they have Zac MacMath and Andre Blake on their bench. I'd have a feeling they wouldn't mind parting with MacMath
No way Philly lets MacMath go for free in expansion draft. My guess they trade him before the e-draft.
Nycfc have been rumoured to be interested in Gspurning. Plus there will probably be players such as MacMath, Gruenembaum and Meara in the expansion draft.
Yes all would probably start over Saunders. Also Gruenenbaum might be favored over Kronberg now, so Kronberg might be on the unprotect list.

Nycfc have been rumoured to be interested in Gspurning. Plus there will probably be players such as MacMath, Gruenembaum and Meara in the expansion draft.

Hmm, hadn't heard about Gspurning and I guess I was expecting the the bottom of the barrel to be a little lower than that, so yeah Saunders will probably be backup to whoever we get then.

Philly Union is a miserably run franchise. You go out and get Andre Blake (when you had MacMath - whole other issue), then you make them the 2nd and 3rd Keepers for the Algerian guy (who I like). So silly.

Philly Union is a miserably run franchise. You go out and get Andre Blake (when you had MacMath - whole other issue), then you make them the 2nd and 3rd Keepers for the Algerian guy (who I like). So silly.

And they traded mcInerney for wenger......

If they were smart they would have kept mcInerney and went for Mullins with the draft pick. Solid forward combo....had they been really smart they would have went for tesho akindele....but they aint that smart.

Here's a rumour that I'm starting: Gboly Ariyibi to NYCFC. Was with Leeds last year, but is out of contract. Sign him up and loan him to another MLS team?

I'm not really starting a rumor. I just think he might be a nice squad player. Apparently, he's a big, pacey winger born in the US, so no foreign slot used.
Sorry to quote myself, but giving context. Gboly has signed with Chesterfield of League 1. Turned down a PL contract seeking more playing time.

He also was called in by Tab to the u20 camp in September. I have no reason to think we're onto him, but I just wanted to bring it full circle. He might be a good option down the road if he shows well this year.

I've seen that kei kamara is coming back to MLS (or at least wants to) think he'd be a good fit here?

I've seen that kei kamara is coming back to MLS (or at least wants to) think he'd be a good fit here?
He would be a great player for NYC. But I would be surprised if other MLS clubs don't get him first. MLS Allocation order and all.

I'm hoping with all the turmoil in Toronto maybe Bradley would be available for us. I think he's a player Kreis would value highly.

He needs someone to light a fire under him. He's looking disinterested. Wonder how much his WC performance has affected him.

The Toronto problems were (hopefully) solved by making a coaching change.

I think that is a really important market for MLS - especially with the ownership group they have in place. Bradley would be great in NYC - and would check all the boxes that we wanted with Mix, but on steroids - I think if he is not in NY, it is important for him to stay in one of the Toronto, Chicago, LA markets.

Id really like this team to go after some of the players in the ukranian league, with the turmoil over there; maybe we can make it happen in the january transfer window. There are some QUALITY players in that league.

Id really like this team to go after some of the players in the ukranian league, with the turmoil over there; maybe we can make it happen in the january transfer window. There are some QUALITY players in that league.
I would love to have Andriy Yarmolenko. He gave the USMNT fits when Ukraine played them back in March.

I would love to have Andriy Yarmolenko. He gave the USMNT fits when Ukraine played them back in March.
You and everyone else. I think liverpool tried to get him last January. Just not sure if he'll leave. Definitely would be a DP signing though.

Ronaldinho signed with Mexican club Queretaro on a 2 year deal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.