Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sign this maniac and be done with Lampard
Daniele-De-Rossi-Roma.gif

Wes Sneijder headed to Juve

The more I think about where we are transfer wise, the more concerned I am.

The club hasn't spent a single dollar to acquire a player. Outside of Mix Diskerud, there isn't an out of contract player to get excited about.

Reactions: Paul
Wes Sneijder headed to Juve

The more I think about where we are transfer wise, the more concerned I am.

The club hasn't spent a single dollar to acquire a player. Outside of Mix Diskerud, there isn't an out of contract player to get excited about.
Frank Lampard. LOL

What happens if we don't have another DP on opening day?
What happens? Well, besides maybe losing (well that can happen with 3 DPs, just ask Toronto); NYCFC also runs the risk of telling its market and the league "we are cheap and disorganized". Even smaller spenders like Salt Lake, where Kreis came from or Sporting KC, have 3 DPs.

Best thing to do, at this point, is tell Frank to not come, sign a quality DP to fill in that #2 slot and then take their time and sign a #3 some time between now and the summer.

Is that what you are asking?

Best thing to do, at this point, is tell Frank to not come, sign a quality DP to fill in that #2 slot and then take their time and sign a #3 some time between now and the summer.
I'd sign up for that right now.

I don't want to throw in a hand grenade here but picture this.....

CFG decide to leave you with just the one DP in the hope you get off to a slow start and then Lampard arrives.

Then they make everything worse and if I even smells like that's what they're doing, then some more people will probably quit on the team. There's WAY too many other ways to spend your money in NYC. And quite a lot of current STHs are paying for tickets for other sports where they have much more loyalty and whose owners actually want to put the best product out.

Then they make everything worse and if I even smells like that's what they're doing, then some more people will probably quit on the team. There's WAY too many other ways to spend your money in NYC. And quite a lot of current STHs are paying for tickets for other sports where they have much more loyalty and whose owners actually want to put the best product out.
Even Bob Kraft sprang for JJJ. It still stings we didn't go after him. He's PRECISELY the sort of DP that would have been a hit on and off the field.

Again, there is no reason to believe that CFG are willing to spend a dime purchasing a player. I have no faith in them using this transfer window to purchase a DP.

At this point, they must hope that Mix Diskerud develops - otherwise I'm convinced that we go into the season with Villa as the only DP.

Which throws into question some of the decisions by the NYCFC staff...

1) Having the #1 Allocation spot and not using it
2) Allowing Brek Shea to head to Orlando for no compensation
3) Kreis' screw-up on SuperDraft position

Again, there is no reason to believe that CFG are willing to spend a dime purchasing a player. I have no faith in them using this transfer window to purchase a DP.

At this point, they must hope that Mix Diskerud develops - otherwise I'm convinced that we go into the season with Villa as the only DP.

Which throws into question some of the decisions by the NYCFC staff...

1) Having the #1 Allocation spot and not using it
2) Allowing Brek Shea to head to Orlando for no compensation
3) Kreis' screw-up on SuperDraft position
We got compensation for letting Brek Shea slip to Orlando: they agreed not to select any RSL players in the expansion draft.

Reactions: Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.