Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the chaos at Barcelona, there is one player i have been thinking about. His contract is up next season and he would still only be 32 then. If a decent offer was put in now, so Barcelona got cash rather than lose him on a free next year would be Dani Alves. He would have 4 or so years to play and would be a huge boost in defence.
I realise its a bit left-centre but you have to think big.

Wilfried Bony to Man City for 30M pounds

I look forward to him joining us when he gets old.
I'm not very excited about this move. I know it's the one he wants but he's an important asset to Swansea. That being said, if he ended up being loaned to NYC during the MCFC offseason or when he's an old withered Bony -- it would completely erase any wrong doing NYCFC or CFG has done. i would be standing shoulder to shoulder with all the other apologists.

Reactions: Kjbert
With the chaos at Barcelona, there is one player i have been thinking about. His contract is up next season and he would still only be 32 then. If a decent offer was put in now, so Barcelona got cash rather than lose him on a free next year would be Dani Alves. He would have 4 or so years to play and would be a huge boost in defence.
I realise its a bit left-centre but you have to think big.
I'd agree. Although he has been getting interest from Premier League clubs.

Dani Alves to Man U has been the rumor, unless they are able to get Seamus Coleman in this transfer window.

I'd agree. Although he has been getting interest from Premier League clubs.

This where this CFG could work its advantage. If he is thinking of staying in the game, he could come here and then be offered a coaching role (if available/applicable/agreeable) with a view towards the youth set up before stepping up. Or if there are other roles within NYCFC suitable and available he could work front office, fan related or club related roles. If there is nothing suitable, then there is Melbourne, Yokohama or Manchester vacancies. I have heard very strong rumours that there will be further clubs in Shanghai, Brazil and or Argentina and South Africa. Anyone one of them could have something.
The point being, if he is interested in pursuing a career in football, the opportunities are far greater and far more varied than many EPL and Euro clubs can offer.

So there is now speculation that with MCFC signing Bony and Milner presumably moving back into midfield that Lampard would be available to come to NYCFC after the African Cup of Nations and Yaya's return to MCFC. Let's ask Milner if he'd like to come to NY. I'd rather have him than Fat Frank at this point. I can see the wheels turning and I have no doubt that Lampard will play for NYCFC at some point -- maybe sooner than we are now expecting.

Last edited:
So there is now speculation that with MCFC signing Bony and Milner presumably moving back into midfield that Lampard would be available to come to NYCFC after the African Cup of Nations and Yaya's return to MCFC. Honestly, let's ask Milner if he'd like to come to NY. I'd rather have him than Fat Frank.
Club "synergy" and us "sister" clubs helping each other out only works when it's from us to Manchester.

Reactions: Paul
Club "synergy" and us "sister" clubs helping each other out only works when it's from us to Manchester.

Yeah, when the ticket reps told us that there will be important player transactions taking place in this January transfer window, did they mean NYCFC, MCFC or CFG in general?

He means the non-DP guys we were always going to get. Now MCFC will be spending money but hey, it's the same club! So the additions to their roster is helping us too. Just like when they get their 2nd place medals, we'll be getting one too that we can put in our MLS trophy case.

Reactions: Kjbert
He means the non-DP guys we were always going to get. Now MCFC will be spending money but hey, it's the same club! So the additions to their roster is helping us too. Just like when they get their 2nd place medals, we'll be getting one too that we can put in our MLS trophy case.

Why would you be getting 2nd place medals?

I think that NYCFC signs players the way that I used to submit work to my boss when I was right out of school...

I would complete everything immediately, pretend to work on it throughout the week, then periodically hand in something (but never everything) right before I knew he may freak out.

Having said that - I am anticipating Javier Calle soon.

I think that NYCFC signs players the way that I used to submit work to my boss when I was right out of school...

I would complete everything immediately, pretend to work on it throughout the week, then periodically hand in something (but never everything) right before I knew he may freak out.

Having said that - I am anticipating Javier Calle soon.
Didn't realize you used to work for me. How have things been? *

Status
Not open for further replies.