Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't see Mix as some new signing coming together. If they didn't have an agreement a long time ago there is no reason we would have taken the top allocation order over the top superdraft pick. I am really excited if we do get Mix (I am opening Twitter trepidatiously, scared to find a poetic tweet by Mix denying all this), but I don't see it as a response to being cuckolded by Wank City.

Last edited:
just want to point out that some of us old-timers have been on the Mix tip for quite a while. See pgs 3-4, inter alia, for initial mentions. The about every other page since then.
I think the Mix rumors are important because he could be with the squad for 10 years. Signing David Villa is one thing - but who carries the mantle for this franchise is another conversation.
Mix would be an investment into the future. He's the new #10, he can be a star with the NT so us having him in the biggest media market playing in our colors in mls where I believe he'll thrive is great. Kind of like the galaxy and prime Donovan
The deal with Mix is this: he's shown himself to be a guy who raises his game based on competition. He's also a loyal guy who stuck with his original club despite other opportunities until they couldn't afford him after relegation.

How important was he to Staebek? They went to him about their recent manager hire, and his rec helped seal their decision.

Now, he's at a big club for Norway and will be teed up for a move after the World Cup.

He's come a long way in the last year alone, finally adding some physicality to his game. He would be the guy who, if here, would be the most natural "Jeter" for us - the talisman to the fans and media and the long-term face of the franchise. He's young, personable and charming. And he is a strong attacking midfielder that could fill all these roles and not break the bank (the salary rules in our case).

We need a US international because casual fans will show up for that. Unless FC Bayern wants to loan us Julian Green, he's probably the best option for us. Consider the clamoring for him in the context, and it's hard to identify anyone better. As I've said before, I don't think TFC is going to let us take Bradley.

I'd love to see us go grab a Paul Arriola or a Greg Garza, but those guys are not yet on casual folks radars. Nevertheless, maybe we'll get one of those guys. It'll be hard though, as ligaMX doesn't sell cheap.

Reactions: Kjbert and BxLio91
Oh, no. I was calling this move a honey dicking. ....

I'm sitting here the last few days seeing this phrase "honey dicking" show up repeatedly and feeling old and out of it and wondering where the hell it came from. Context makes the meaning pretty clear but still kind of mysterious. Finally look it up in the urban dictionary and realize it was invented basically less than a month ago in that banned NK asshole movie. I gotta keep up.

I'm sitting here the last few days seeing this phrase "honey dicking" show up repeatedly and feeling old and out of it and wondering where the hell it came from. Context makes the meaning pretty clear but still kind of mysterious. Finally look it up in the urban dictionary and realize it was invented basically less than a month ago in that banned NK asshole movie. I gotta keep up.

I laughed my ass off at that movie. Completely ridiculous and full of juvenile humor. James Franco is a talented SOB.

Reactions: Paul and mgarbowski
Nice to be reminded that I don't always post nonsense.
But you do sometimes, and that's good enough for me. I still remember you defending that blue smarties or wolf or whomever it was when he came over here with his MCFC talking points and I went full Midas on his ass.

See, I may be an asshole who makes rash posts, but my jumping off points are always logical. Well, almost. Or usually. Most of the time? Okay, occasionally. Fine. You Fuckers.

I just heard NYCFC might get Mix as a non DP???? WHAT?!?!?!....
Possibly, we could use allocation money to give him a larger salary than the max non-DP salary (380k I believe). It would be an absolute home-run signing if we get him as a non-DP

Ahh, can you explain please?
I have been thinking Fat Frank etc etc
MLS clubs are restricted in their payroll, and they can only have 3 players making more than (currently) $387,500. In the case a player makes more than $387k, they must use a Designated Player(DP) Slot (3 total). Now NYCFC as an expansion team has what's called allocation, essentially an MLS salary cap credit Card. This allows a team to basically raise their salary cap. In this case, NYCFC might use its allocation money to "buy down" Mix's greater than $387k salary so that he doesn't use a DP slot.

In theory. ;)

MLS clubs are restricted in their payroll, and they can only have 3 players making more than (currently) $387,500. In the case a player makes more than $387k, they must use a Designated Player(DP) Slot (3 total). Now NYCFC as an expansion team has what's called allocation, essentially an MLS salary cap credit Card. This allows a team to basically raise their salary cap. In this case, NYCFC might use its allocation money to "buy down" Mix's greater than $387k salary so that he doesn't use a DP slot.

In theory. ;)

Ahh i'm getting there. So the Designated Player does not have to be foreign or anything, just a wage criteria.
Does bonuses come under this clause?

Reactions: Kjbert
Ahh i'm getting there. So the Designated Player does not have to be foreign or anything, just a wage criteria.
Does bonuses come under this clause?
I'm unsure how bonuses work. They are fairly rare in MLS compared to other leagues. My guess is it does count towards the cap. The players union publishes the salaries of all players (well minus Frank). It lists base and guaranteed salaries. My guess is bonuses are in there and they count as cap.

Reactions: mrplow2000
I'm unsure how bonuses work. They are fairly rare in MLS compared to other leagues. My guess is it does count towards the cap. The players union publishes the salaries of all players (well minus Frank). It lists base and guaranteed salaries. My guess is bonuses are in there and they count as cap.

I've had a quick scout round and found this

The average annual guaranteed compensation figure does not include performance bonuses because there is no guarantee that the player will hit those bonuses.

cited from here http://www.mlsplayers.org/salary_info.html

Well, there is a loophole i would be having a damn good look at.

Status
Not open for further replies.