Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone posted an NESN article from June 2013. Someone can find it.

In it, Soriano said something along the lines that this is a team where the best players that are developed here will end up in Manchester.

So yes

Reactions: BxLio91
I asked before but are we a farm team if we only get 1 loan?
It is a back-track on Kreis and Reyna's part, but I am glad. Just a waste in salary cap and international slots. Like MC was going to give NYCFC anyone worth-while. I mean they don't even want NYCFC getting their star players that everyone thought had already signed on, they aren't sending their top youth talents.

The way I read the artcile, I don't think you will see any news on the MCFC U-21 Front until we break camp in Manchester.

Not sure if anyone has seen this, but on javier Calle's Wikipedia page:

Javier Calle (Medellín, AntioquiaColombia; 19 de abril de 1991) es un futbolista colombiano. Juega de centrocampista o lateral izquierdo y su equipo actual es New York City FC .Es hermano del ex-fútbolista Ricardo Calle.

Which, thanks to google, roughly translates as New York City FC is his current team.

Any idea whether this could have come from a reputable source? Anything more than rumors at this point?

Javier Calle (Medellín, AntioquiaColombia; 19 de abril de 1991) es un futbolista colombiano. Juega de centrocampista o lateral izquierdo y su equipo actual es New York City FC .Es hermano del ex-fútbolista Ricardo Calle.

Which, thanks to google, roughly translates as New York City FC is his current team.

Any idea whether this could have come from a reputable source? Anything more than rumors at this point?
The general consensus is that he's agreed to terms just waiting on the approval of his visa.

BxLio91 BxLio91 is that the same Pablo Alvarez that had a trial with QPR this season? Looks like Rangers and Napoli also sniffed around.

Central Defender? If it is, that's a great pick up. Maybe he couldn't play for QPR but if they brought him, he has to at least be Championship quality.

Well Mendoza was actually siguld get money. That's why they had to wait for the transfer window to announce it.
Same thing for Calle. We'll have a few colombians, an Ecuadorian, possibly Brazilians from Flamengo. Pablo Alvarez is a midfielder from Spain. Played with Villa at Sporting Gijon like 12 years ago and his last club is Villa's hometown team.

People jump the gun on posting stuff like this on Wikipedia a lot - especially on foreign language wikis where there aren't nearly so many people patrolling for spurious edits. If Calle had properly signed, we'd know about it. All this indicates is that there's a Hispanic person somewhere in the world who wants this to happen.

Heath Pearce was not able to come to terms with Orlando City.

I think he's been a quality MLS defender for a while. MLSoccer.com reporting he is exploring options overseas. Is this a guy we should consider?

If I remember correctly, he wouldn't be DP either? Or we spent all our Garberbucks on Mix and JC would be a DP now. This would be incredible news. I've been excited about Calle since reading about him last month

Reactions: Paul and Kjbert
Status
Not open for further replies.