Official (random Player Name) To Nycfc Rumor Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok how about this as a speculation boner.... Get mix under the DP amount and sign Jozy as the third DP. We have Mix, Lampard(?), Villa and JOZY[/

How about this for a jizz in your pants- CBA is changed to four Dp's and we sign mix as a non-dp. That means we can have villa, lampard, de rossi, mix and Jozy or another DP striker. :)

I am confident, based off of Mix's prior MLS negotiation, that he will be on wages north of 1 Million.

I also think there will be a 4th DP in MLS with the new CBA.

And I think NYCFC will have a 4th DP join the squad in July.

Another random name I would throw in for next summer is Mario Gomez. I don't see Fiorentina keeping him after this season. He just hasn't been the same since coming back from injuries and his salary is too high. His Germany career is about over as well.

He also would fit the fantastic hair quota this team seems to be trying to fill

Another random name I would throw in for next summer is Mario Gomez. I don't see Fiorentina keeping him after this season. He just hasn't been the same since coming back from injuries and his salary is too high. His Germany career is about over as well.

He also would fit the fantastic hair quota this team seems to be trying to fill
I'll repeat: we're all full of old and slow for now.

At least say Klose or something.

Reactions: Kjbert
Gomez is only 29. He's never been that fast but he isn't overly slow either. He was out for awhile due to injury so he's still getting his fitness back.
Damn. I think of him as being really old for some reason. Thanks for the correction.

Is this 4th DP rumor a real thing or fan made?
Twellman, who is basically right on nearly everything he has tweeted recently regarding MLS, tweeted in response to someone asking could there be 5 DP slots, that "There won't be 3 anymore, I can tell you that."

Twellman, who is basically right on nearly everything he has tweeted recently regarding MLS, tweeted in response to someone asking could there be 5 DP slots, that "There won't be 3 anymore, I can tell you that."
Can you post that tweet in the CBA thread as well.

Apparently, former Leeds/current Carolina Railhawk midfielder Mike "The Beard" Grella and RJ Allen, a Monmouth American player who left school early for the pros in Denmark were seen at the NYCFC combine.

I would imagine they could both be potential NYCFC players, squad depth at the very least.

Also, check our Grella's beard this past year. His beard and the hair on the other guys, think of the branding possibilities!

Carolina_RailHawks_vs_Tampa_Bay_Grella_head_shot.jpg

DSC01931.JPG

I heard grella makes a pretty decent right back. Thats the position mike petke had him trial for during his training stint with red bulls.

If you can re-sign him, he's absolutely worth 23 Million. But when he can walk in July, that's a tough ask.

Status
Not open for further replies.