Official Thread Of The Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

MyBoyVilla

Registered
Mar 19, 2014
Manhattan
twitter.com
With the EPL season fast approaching, it is time to start discussing our favorite clubs overseas. I have supported Spurs for a couple of years, ever since I really started following club soccer.

With a new manager and a lot of new talent that has yet to settle at club, I think this might be the year Spurs make a run to the Champions League. They are being underrated after last years debacle, and if things get off right, they may surprise everyone.

Personally, I am more hopeful for a trophy. I would love some silverware, be it the Europa League, FA Cup, or even the League Cup. I want something to celebrate.

COYS

Reactions: BlueWarrior
Pochettino was a very good manager for Soton, but this will be the real test of whether he's got it in him to manage at the top level, or if he is best at managing underdogs.

With the EPL season fast approaching, it is time to start discussing our favorite clubs overseas. I have supported Spurs for a couple of years, ever since I really started following club soccer.

With a new manager and a lot of new talent that has yet to settle at club, I think this might be the year Spurs make a run to the Champions League. They are being underrated after last years debacle, and if things get off right, they may surprise everyone.

Personally, I am more hopeful for a trophy. I would love some silverware, be it the Europa League, FA Cup, or even the League Cup. I want something to celebrate.

COYS

Yes this is the time of hope, as are Leicester City Fans, West Bromwich Albion Fans, hell even Manchester United Fans. Its a Roy of the Rovers Script, written by Enid Blyton or JK Rowling. Stay sleeping my friend, sweet dreams :)

COYS

not a legit fan of any EPl team, but spurs have been pretty entertaining these past couple of seasons. I couldn't believe it when spurs finished a couple seasons back in a champions league spot and then chelsea took it away when they won the champions league. How do you think Eriksen will do this season? Do you think spurs will keep lamella?

not a legit fan of any EPl team, but spurs have been pretty entertaining these past couple of seasons. I couldn't believe it when spurs finished a couple seasons back in a champions league spot and then chelsea took it away when they won the champions league. How do you think Eriksen will do this season? Do you think spurs will keep lamella?
I hope they keep the guys they bought with the Bale money. They are all young, and will take time to get comfortable in the league. Eriksen has already showed his quality, its just a matter of guys like Soldado and Lamela getting comfortable and starting to score more goals.

New manager. And should be new faces this summer. The transfer market will kick into overdrive when the World Cup finishes.

Realistically, I'm hoping for a 5th or 6th place finish to qualify for Europa League again. A 4th place finish is the pipe dream. Maybe a better showing in the FA Cup?

I don't see big changes how Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal will perform next season. So the big worry for Spurs might be Man Utd, Everton and Southampton.

Man Utd is the big X factor, how well (or how bad) they might play with van Gaal at the helm?

Will those extra Europa League matches hurt or help Everton?

Southampton was GUTTED this summer so they might struggle to stay in the top half of the table.

I hope and pray you (and 19 other league teams) finish above Man United next season !!

Reactions: horky
New manager. And should be new faces this summer. The transfer market will kick into overdrive when the World Cup finishes.

Realistically, I'm hoping for a 5th or 6th place finish to qualify for Europa League again. A 4th place finish is the pipe dream. Maybe a better showing in the FA Cup?

I don't see big changes how Man City, Liverpool, Chelsea or Arsenal will perform next season. So the big worry for Spurs might be Man Utd, Everton and Southampton.

Man Utd is the big X factor, how well (or how bad) they might play with van Gaal at the helm?

Will those extra Europa League matches hurt or help Everton?

Southampton was GUTTED this summer so they might struggle to stay in the top half of the table.

If Liverpool lose Suarez, I can see them having trouble holding on to their UCL spot. I see Southampton in a relegation fight.

I think it'll be Everton & Man United fighting for that last UCL spot, and I'd probably bet on United but will of course be rooting for Tim "Don't Hug Me Bro" Howard & the Evertonians to snatch it.

1. City / Chelsea
2. City / Chelsea / Arsenal
3. Chelsea / Arsenal
4. Liverpool / Everton (-10 points)
5. Liverpool / Everton
6. Spurs / United
7 Spurs / United
8 .... The Rest

Reactions: horky
I followed them for years for no other reason than I took in a game at White Hart Lane a lifetime ago. Quite honestly I was never fanatical about them, but they were the team I kept an eye on until.........well, you know.

Hmmm well I'd guess it's in part because their pretty good but not so good it's blatant glory hunting? These days they normally win more than they lose and have some decent players without actually winning anything. Also their in London which for people who actually go over I'm sure has appeal. I've been to both London and Manchester and no offense to Manchester natives posting on here but if you took football out of the equation their wouldn't be much debate I'd rather spend time in London than Manchester again.

They've been absolutely ransacked for players. I'm not aware of Swansea having sold a single player so far.
Not literally. I was being dramatic for the sake of conversation. Vorm, Davies, the interest surrounding Bony. Swansea is losing a lot of strong players.

Not literally. I was being dramatic for the sake of conversation. Vorm, Davies, the interest surrounding Bony. Swansea is losing a lot of strong players.
With so many false rumors during the transfer season, I would not be surprised if they all stay at Swansea in the end. It is so hard to rely on anything you read, even from somewhat credible media outlets.

Reactions: einwindir