Official Thread Of The Tottenham Hotspur Football Club

It was nice seeing Lamela score (twice) last night against Toronto.
He is a player we really need to get going. Looked so uncomfortable last season, but he has the vision and skill to be a huge difference maker. On that second goal, he took a poor pass, good touch and pass, and then made a long run while the ball went to Lennon and then Soldado, timed it perfectly to get the ball and get in on goal.

I can't see Spurs competing for anything, realistically. They completely bobbled all that money they got for Bale and were lucky to finish as high as they did considering how inconsistent they were scoring goals. I can't see much of an upswing especially considering that all the top teams have gotten better (except maybe for Liverpool, I'm curious to see how they get on without Suarez).

Any opinions on the new home and away kit for 2014-2015? Ugh. The white home looks like a cheap cycling top.
And the dark away kit looks like they ordered it from a high school uniform catalog magazine.
20140718-110116-39676144.jpg
20140718-111514-40514719.jpg

The third kit is supposed to be officially unveiled 1st week of August I think. It looks like the jersey as last year's Capri Blue away jersey but in yellow.
Tottenham-Hotspur-14-15-Third-Kit.jpg

I would have been satisfied with the boys wearing the 2014-215 training shirts on the field instead:
55415431303134_1.jpg

The black shirt make it look like the player got hit by one of those carts for painting yellow lines on roads.

The black shirt make it look like the player got hit by one of those carts for painting yellow lines on roads.
yes it does.

on the web site, it says 2014 is the 10th anniversary of the death of Bill Nicholson so the "tread marks" are "11 stripes signifying the number of trophies won during Bill's [Nicholson] reign" among other things . . . no matter the significance of the kit elements, I'm still not sold on it.

The Club’s new home and away kits were officially launched today with the designs inspired by former player and manager Bill Nicholson.

Recognised as one of the most significant people in the Club's history, 2014 marks the 10th anniversary of Bill's passing. The kits reference one of Bill's most famous quotes - 'It is better to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And we of Spurs have set our sights very high, so high in fact that even failure will have in it an echo of glory.' This 'Echo of Glory' inspiration pays tribute to Bill's achievements and significant contribution to the Club.

The home kit is a traditional lilywhite shirt set off by a navy blue horizontal stripe running across the chest. A jacquard runs across the shoulders which includes the words 'Echo of Glory' taken from Bill's quote together with a pattern inspired by the famous gates which lead up to White Hart Lane on Bill Nicholson Way. Yellow taping on the sleeve cuff and collar adds an additional colour flash to set off solid navy blue shorts and white socks.

In the away kit, a yellow highlight is more visible down the front of the black shirt, with 11 stripes signifying the number of trophies won during Bill's reign. Yellow taping is also replicated along the sides of the accompanying black shorts and socks.

I can't see Spurs competing for anything, realistically. They completely bobbled all that money they got for Bale and were lucky to finish as high as they did considering how inconsistent they were scoring goals. I can't see much of an upswing especially considering that all the top teams have gotten better (except maybe for Liverpool, I'm curious to see how they get on without Suarez).
A bit early to say they bobbled signing when you are basing it on one season with two different managers and a ton of new players who were not comfortable with their teammates and the league.

I don't mind the away kit so much. Meanwhile, I dislike the home kit, especially the Arse colored logo.

But I don't get where the yellow and black colors came from. Spurs are white and blue. Very confusing.

Yellow has been a part of the kit history. Yellow was very prominent in the 1970's. And there was yellow recently in the 2009-2010 home kit.
tottenham_hotspur_2009-2010.gif

Black and yellow was the the third kit in 2011-2012
tottenham_hotspur_2011-2012-third.gif

and the third kit in 2012-2013
tottenham_hotspur_2012-2013-third.gif

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Tottenham_Hotspur/Tottenham_Hotspur-change-kits.html
Ok, so yellow is a valid color, but to be fair this is the first time in a while there has been prominent yellow in the primary kits. I guess I am just wondering why there is so little blue.

Also, this may be an American sports mentality, but I prefer as much continuity in the jersey as possible.

Also, this may be an American sports mentality, but I prefer as much continuity in the jersey as possible.

Continuity is highly prized in the UK for home shirts - or to be more accurate, changing things about is generally widely criticised. Away shirts, however, are basically considered a free-for-all. There are very few teams who consistently sport the same away colours. The only rules for away colours generally revolve around not picking the colours of your closest rivals.

Well, after winning the first two league games, we haven't won in what seems like months, and we may even draw Partizan Belgrade. Man.:oops:

EDIT: At least we are above Woolwich