Official Vent Thread

Hey Guys,

Just to mention that I didn't receive my membership pack for 2014 but I did receive a long line of false promises from your lying sales staff. I must be a sucker because I fell for it again this year as your sales team promised to compensate me and coaxed me into retaining membership for this season. Hey, guess what? More lies as nothing arrived yet again!!!

What you've got to realise is that taking money from your fans on the basis of false promises is stealing and that lying to your fans does not engender loyalty - it just makes people not want to do business with you and to tell all their friends that you should be avoided.
One result of this to date is that my daughters, who wanted to sign up to 3rd Rail and who had planned to take a trip out to NY to catch a game, have decided that the way you've treated their Dad (me) is simply awful and that they will now have nothing to do with you . . . so that's 2 fans you'll never have and I can't blame them!

Hey Guys,

Just to mention that I didn't receive my membership pack for 2014 but I did receive a long line of false promises from your lying sales staff. I must be a sucker because I fell for it again this year as your sales team promised to compensate me and coaxed me into retaining membership for this season. Hey, guess what? More lies as nothing arrived yet again!!!

What you've got to realise is that taking money from your fans on the basis of false promises is stealing and that lying to your fans does not engender loyalty - it just makes people not want to do business with you and to tell all their friends that you should be avoided.
One result of this to date is that my daughters, who wanted to sign up to 3rd Rail and who had planned to take a trip out to NY to catch a game, have decided that the way you've treated their Dad (me) is simply awful and that they will now have nothing to do with you . . . so that's 2 fans you'll never have and I can't blame them!
We're not the third rail bruh....

Reactions: Goodfella and Jack
We're not the third rail bruh....

I can't argue with that my friend but I have two points to make to explain my logic: -

1. The title of the thread is 'Vent" and I'm venting (it didn't say 'vent accurately).
2. I was hoping that the lying turds in the 3rd Rail sales department may perhaps read this stuff and get a conscience about ripping the fans off.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrMartinezNYC
I can't argue with that my friend but I have two points to make to explain my logic: -

1. The title of the thread is 'Vent" and I'm venting (it didn't say 'vent accurately).
2. I was hoping that the lying turds in the 3rd Rail sales department may perhaps read this stuff and get a conscience about ripping the fans off.

Third Rail likes to play on Facebook... Better off trying to reach them there.

Reactions: Herb
Agreed, we need some speed up front. Nemec is too slow. We need someone with the speed of Obefami Martins.
Nemec's role isn't meant to be fast. He is there to win balls and send them to Villa. He has power and height. The problem is he just can't seem to keep control of the ball long enough to get them to his target.

Edit: which is a big f'n problem to have.

Agreed, we need some speed up front. Nemec is too slow. We need someone with the speed of Obefami Martins.

Nemec is slow, but like sad before. He is not meant to be fast.

Problem is, we can't play to nemec's strengths. He's 6'3 and amazing in the air. But we have Brovsky, calle and Wingert crossing from corner flag to corner flag . What use is that?
And we seem to have the idea he's Ronaldinho, so we keep playing his feet in a way that he must dribble a defender when he's best posted up and laying off.

We need a speedy winger who has decent crossing before we need a new forward. And no, Shelton is not good enough on the wing either.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
I feel like it was more a case of Kreis didn't like him. Hope "media" guys can find out more details.
From what I heard, Mendozza struggled because moving to NY was his first extended period of time away from S America. He played in Ecuador his whole career, except his last year on loan in Uruguay. The transition was too difficult for him to get his head on straight. He never really spoke to reporters after the few games he dressed. In the end I think it was just too much for him. I do wish I would have gone to see the Hammerhead v RBNY II game. It would have given me a fuller picture.

giphy.gif

HAHA! Actually Just Joined this Forum Today. Was Totally Unaware that there even was a forum (didn't cross my Mind to look) But great win, so now everyone can stop... until our next 10 game no win streak. hopefully not until im long dead.

grrrrr, I didn't see Brovsky on the MLS all-star ballot?

Only when he:

Shaves his mustache
Learns how to cross a ball
Learns how to mark a man
Learns how to position himself
Learns how to dribble the ball in an attacking way
Eats a training card "speed+10"
Becomes a real soccer player

Then he will be on the ballot

Reactions: Midas Mulligan
Nemec is slow, but like sad before. He is not meant to be fast.

We need a speedy winger who has decent crossing before we need a new forward. And no, Shelton is not good enough on the wing either.

So, do you still think we don't need a new forward?