One Suggestion For Songs And Chant: No Cursing

Drainyoo

Registered
Donor
Seasoned Supporter
May 27, 2014
NYC
As we decide on songs and chants, may I just make one small suggestion? Can we keep the cursing out of them? For two reasons:

1 - It gives us more class. Don't get me wrong, I curse like a friggin' sailor, but we're representing a team, and even MLS to an extent. Better to show class, than seem like a bunch of hooligans.

2 - Consideration for the children attending the games. I know that I'm a tiny minority here, but I will be attending games with my son, who loves soccer, and I definitely want to sing and chant with him. Can't really do that if you're all yelling "F*** off back to Jersey!". We don't want to make it an environment that feels inappropriate or unsafe for kids. I'm sure that other parents would appreciate this as well.

Would love to know what everyone else thinks.

Cursing needs to be kept out of songs for one reason above others: MLS bans cursing in songs and will levy penalties against any team whose supporters do it.

Reactions: Drainyoo
As we decide on songs and chants, may I just make one small suggestion? Can we keep the cursing out of them? For two reasons:

1 - It gives us more class. Don't get me wrong, I curse like a friggin' sailor, but we're representing a team, and even MLS to an extent. Better to show class, than seem like a bunch of hooligans.

2 - Consideration for the children attending the games. I know that I'm a tiny minority here, but I will be attending games with my son, who loves soccer, and I definitely want to sing and chant with him. Can't really do that if you're all yelling "F*** off back to Jersey!". We don't want to make it an environment that feels inappropriate or unsafe for kids. I'm sure that other parents would appreciate this as well.

Would love to know what everyone else thinks.