Cursing In Chants And Songs

I've stood for the entire 90 minutes of every game, for the 7 years I've been
in my current seat, at MCFC.

There's about 3/4 thousand that do at one end of the stadium every game.

Yeah, at one end. You do it anywhere else and you get told to sit right back down again.

At any rate, it was sarcasm. Just a throw-away comment.

Reactions: Kinkladze
To be honest, I do not know what the repercussions are. For the YSA chant, I believe, they fined the club and the clubs threatened to disband the supporter sections. Please tell me if I got anything wrong.

As for smoke bombs and flares, we are in discussions with the club to see what is permitted. If it were up to them, they would allow it, but the issue is that we are renting space at Yankee Stadium. That is where the negotiation is. We hope to have an answer on that soon.

For YSA there was a threat to supporters groups about kicking people out of Red Bull Arena but that was more of an idol threat. At the same time they offered money to the supporters groups for a few games to use towards their "Tifo" if they didn't chant YSA. By that point it had been so commonly used that supporters groups didn't chant it but regular fans in nearby sections still did chant it for a few games.

I think ultimately, we're probably going to try to find ways around it. No one likes being told what to do

There are clever ways to get your point across without cursing so you can get around the rules if really wanted.

Instead of yelling "Get up, you Pussy" when opposing player goes down in heap, we can yell "Get out the Vagisil" or something similar that doesn't have any curse words. The father of 2 in nearby section might have to explain to his kids what Vagisil or tampons are but at least his kids won't be walking around cursing.

Yeah, at one end. You do it anywhere else and you get told to sit right back down again.

At any rate, it was sarcasm. Just a throw-away comment.

Only if you persistent stand anywhere else, people always stand when we're
on the attack. Also I don't think in all the years I've watched MCFC away we've
ever not stood up all game.

Anyway like you said it was a throwaway comment & a pedantic argument.

There are clever ways to get your point across without cursing so you can get around the rules if really wanted.

Instead of yelling "Get up, you Pussy" when opposing player goes down in heap, we can yell "Get out the Vagisil" or something similar that doesn't have any curse words. The father of 2 in nearby section might have to explain to his kids what Vagisil or tampons are but at least his kids won't be walking around cursing.

Or you could use the classic (if somewhat cliched) English chant "she fell over".

Reactions: Kinkladze
can we have some german style chants, german teams like borussia dortmund or shalke have very intimidating atmoshpheres and honestly german supporters are way better than english supporters and also some south american chants. Our team is in nyc and our supoprters are from many diverse cultures so we shouldn't just have english style chants.

I know one song that doesn't have swearing in and should be sung at the Yankee stadium and Melbourne Rectangular Stadium BLUEMOON and the Poznan

-No cursing in official chants.
-What grows organically unofficially from fans is what it is.

Let's not intentionally be crass, but let's also not intentionally be prudish.

Reactions: deedsy
It's ironic that as I read this, Steve Gerrard and his 3 girls were serenaded by 40,000 Liverpool fans singing "he’s big and he’s f*****g hard, Steve Gerrard, Gerrard."

I've heard every other MLS team chant "I can't hear a f*****g thing" so far this season including the visitors at Yankee Stadium. Seattle fans are particularly foul mouthed and man were wearing "F**k Off Portland" scarves as they marched to CenturyLink last season.

I don't particularly like it myself but any kid who watches MLS live is going to be exposed to swearing and most parents in New York curse in front of their kids at some point.

Anyone who watches EPL will hear obscene chants and pickup players and coaches swearing and so far I don't think anyone has died as a result.

The TV companies can f**k off

Reactions: Vijay Kitson
I know one song that doesn't have swearing in and should be sung at the Yankee stadium and Melbourne Rectangular Stadium BLUEMOON and the Poznan

Sorry mate. They've already alienated thousands of New York based European football supporters, including me, by adopting City's colo(u)rs. If they start singing that crap they'll never see me again.

Sorry mate. They've already alienated thousands of New York based European football supporters, including me, by adopting City's colo(u)rs. If they start singing that crap they'll never see me again.
You'd stop going to matches based on a song?

that sucks, means my favourite chant "NYC ain't nothin to fuck with" isn't allowed. boooooooooooooo.

I do like jeering the keeper at goal kicks though, maybe we can just adopt the version I heard at British games "oooooooooooooh, WHOAREYOU"