Organizers Of " Amercias Champions League" Meeting With Us Soccer, Mls And Liga Mx

I don't know how the hell you can do this. Flight time between Vancouver and Buenos Aires is 14+ hours. And yes that is one of the most extreme possibilities but many others are 11 hours, 9 hours, , etc. Midweek games are tough as it is but this would be absurd.

Bring back the Concord!

How does the Asian championship work?

It's much, MUCH worse for the Asian championship considering it stretches from Arab countries to Australia. If they can make it happen, so can we.

My only question is, can most clubs afford to chip in $5 million?

The AFC Champions League has a lot of regional rounds. In fact it basically has an "East" half and a "West" half which only meet in the final. If you wanted to apply this format to CONCACAF/CONMEBOL then you could kiss goodbye the whole "get to see NYCFC play Boca Juniors or Sao Paulo or River Plate" thing, as only one North American side would meet a South American side each season, for one game. You might as well just institute a Super Cup between the two confederations if you wanted to replicate that format.

I believe the working theory is that it would be 4 regionals and then in final 16 the 4 would meet. Teams would on cross 3x max.

The AFC Champions League has a lot of regional rounds. In fact it basically has an "East" half and a "West" half which only meet in the final. If you wanted to apply this format to CONCACAF/CONMEBOL then you could kiss goodbye the whole "get to see NYCFC play Boca Juniors or Sao Paulo or River Plate" thing, as only one North American side would meet a South American side each season, for one game. You might as well just institute a Super Cup between the two confederations if you wanted to replicate that format.
Beijing to Sydney is nearly identical to New York to Buenos Aires.

I assume China is in the Eastern half?

Beijing to Sydney is nearly identical to New York to Buenos Aires.

I assume China is in the Eastern half?

China, Japan, Australia, South Korea, Thailand etc in the East, places like Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, Iran, Qatar and the UAE in the west. Obviously others do enter, but they tend to be eliminated before reaching the main competition.

Also bear in mind that Asia has two competitions - one for established footballing countries and one for "developing" countries, the likes of India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, North Korea, Yemen and the Philippines. I believe they even used to divide their member federations into three tiers of development, and never the twain did meet.

It's much, MUCH worse for the Asian championship considering it stretches from Arab countries to Australia. If they can make it happen, so can we.

My only question is, can most clubs afford to chip in $5 million?
That is the money ya on get for Qualifying
Are you sure? That's not what the OP stated in his Google Translate.

Why call it America Champions League?

Just call it Copa Libertadores and extend it to the CONCACAF. We all practically gained independence from those Europeans why copy it? Liberators Cup in english

Have all the CONMEBOL team have 3 berths (Argentina and Brazil 4 berths...powerhouses) USA and Mex 3 berths. Costa Rica and Honduras 2 berths. The next 3 teams 1 berth (panama , canada and el salvador?) and then the carribeans along with belize and nicaragua have a mini tournament for the last berth. Then each year how it is in libertadores,the winning country gets an extra berth.

Prob.... The math doesnt add up. But thats my 2 cents
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2016_Copa_Libertadores

Reactions: Paul
I probably missed it, but what were the qualifications to make the group stage?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

this whole things is still a mystery and honestly the NASL links to the project make me more skeptical.