Orlando Trades For Tally Hall

MikeDatTiger

Registered
Mar 21, 2014
New Orleans, Louisiana
Orlando just snatched up Tally Hall from the Houston Dynamo, in exchange for an international player slot + allocation money.

This is a pretty big deal for us, as Orlando settling its GK spot could open up an opportunity for NYCFC. If NYCFC wants Macmath from Philly, he's certainly there for the taking. Not sure if NYCFC will get a chance to bite at Kennedy from Chivas in the dispersal draft but that's a possibility too.

I also tend to think that Houston making this move is designed to grab Cubo Torres who would do wonders for Houston both on and off the field, but that just may be me.

Great post

Which of the rumored GKs would you prefer? Cap wise, I would prefer the cheapest option. I think Meara is the cheapest.

Let's see. MacMath is 120k. Kennedy is 211k. So for those two, if you want cheaper go with MacMath.

Meara is only 67k. Not sure if RBNY would protect him, but you're talking about another GK who hasn't seen MLS action in 2 years. if NYCFC is really confident in Saunders, then I can see the move to get a good backup but MacMath played pretty well for Philly, so if you had to choose between the two I would think they would go Macmath.

If we are included in the dispersal draft, we will likely have a shot at Dan Kennedy assuming we get 1st or 2nd pick. Orlando may not pick him now and Cubo is rumored to either be out of the league or become a DP, so he may not be in the draft.
I would love bringing in Cubo though!

Tally hall was crap this year for Dynamo and is still injured. In fact it was stated today he probably won't be healthy until after the 15 season started.

My guess Orlando is still looking fora starting goalie (ie Kennedy, MacMath, Gruenenbaum...). And they seem to have first pick for everything.

I think this really opens us up to grab one of the keepers we want. Actually wouldn't be surprised if one of the teams trades us the keeper just to get something back rather than losing them in the draft.

Sucks we have to share the expansion draft

Tally Hall is hurt, I dont think this confirms Orlando won't prioritize GK. I think the international spot was the key for them in this deal. But what do I know? I really don't care about what they do...

Tally hall was crap this year for Dynamo and is still injured. In fact it was stated today he probably won't be healthy until after the 15 season started.

My guess Orlando is still looking fora starting goalie (ie Kennedy, MacMath, Gruenenbaum...). And they seem to have first pick for everything.

He wasn't crap. I watch a lot of Dynamo games. The Dynamo had new faces in defense and were absolutely no threat going forward; that goal was constantly being shelled. Tally Hall wasn't the problem.

Reactions: einwindir
He wasn't crap. I watch a lot of Dynamo games. The Dynamo had new faces in defense and were absolutely no threat going forward; that goal was constantly being shelled. Tally Hall wasn't the problem.
Tally Hall makes terrible decisions and is average at best. Is he better than Miguel Gallardo (Orlando's USL GK)? Maybe. Is he going to be a wall for Orlando, probably not. And even more important than my or yours opinion, the guy is still hurt and will miss the first few months of the season. Great way to start out Orlando.

Alright then. Tally should be awesome then for Orlando, you know, when he actually starts playing in May and Orlando is on a 8 game losing streak. ;)

What is Halls salary? They are going to pay him and Kennedy? Good. Let them do that.

They just traded for a starting GK

Ok and Kennedy was 210k+. They might very well want both, and if they do, that's fine. But I would be hard pressed to see that team rationalizing spending almost 450k a year on GK salaries. I think people are under the impression this franchise is awash in cash. They're not. They will only have 2 DPs.

I've never disagreed that he is at least a average MLS keeper. But he is hurt and will be hurt for the beginning of the season. Not a good move by Orlando. If they do t go for a Kennedy or MacMath they wil be in a world of hurt come March.

Honestly, I hope they do go after Kennedy. It will limit their options in the expansion draft regarding salary.