Patrick Vieira in line to become new manager of Saint-Etienne

Sometimes. Yes. A few times a year and I share. Not consistent though. More or less happens by happenstance.
Damn I knew some of these season ticket rewards are crazy, but I didn't know you can get your very own sources too.

Damn I knew some of these season ticket rewards are crazy, but I didn't know you can get your very own sources too.

I get that you're trying to be funny. But a number of us on here fall into information from time to time. I don't go to practices. I don't call the club. I don't direct message players or their agents. Every now and then I get told something. I'm a huge fan of this community and the club. I know I appreciate information that folks like NYCFCfan NYCFCfan share. I appreciate the effort roxfontaine and his crew put into the supporters group. I love the insight and back and forth with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan Tom in Fairfield CT and Ulrich

No one forces you to read the forum or post. If you don't like what we share, I can't help you.

I get that you're trying to be funny. But a number of us on here fall into information from time to time. I don't go to practices. I don't call the club. I don't direct message players or their agents. Every now and then I get told something. I'm a huge fan of this community and the club. I know I appreciate information that folks like NYCFCfan NYCFCfan share. I appreciate the effort roxfontaine and his crew put into the supporters group. I love the insight and back and forth with Midas Mulligan Midas Mulligan Tom in Fairfield CT and Ulrich

No one forces you to read the forum or post. If you don't like what we share, I can't help you.
Sorry I'm new to this forum I was not aware that there were so many people with inside knowledge on the club. I hope I can use this to get my NYCFC news as quick as possible! :)

Sorry I'm new to this forum I was not aware that there were so many people with inside knowledge on the club. I hope I can use this to get my NYCFC news as quick as possible! :)
The only inside info I have is I won a signed Maxi card that I'll never remember to pick up.

Worth watching the post match interview video, the last question is where that came from. The reporter's nervous laugh when Vieira makes him say explicitly what he's asking about is priceless

He turned it down according to a French source.
Reviving this dead thread, Vieira spoke to RMC about this recently.

Despite reports that "he's in it for the long haul" Vieira admitted there were talks. He said he never asked to leave NYCFC because the timing wasn't right.

Link in French:

http://rmcsport.bfmtv.com/football/...il-n-a-pas-signe-a-saint-etienne-1269196.html

One has to assume midseason being poor timing, however we can't help but wonder if clubs come knocking in January if he will still be around next year.

There are managers available who can do the job Vieira did here.

The question is whether or not this Club move forward with big ego stars in the DP role ever again. That's certainly not their plan.

If that's the case, a Bruce Arena or Caleb Porter (as much as I dislike him) could replicate our season from last year.

I think PV has done some good things and some very questionable things as a manger here. I’m still leaning towards the keep him side. But I’m not as afraid of him leaving as I was last season. There are some good candidates out there to replace him.

Every manager is going to have questionable calls. I don't think Viera was better or worse than most. That's not an endorsement either. I have supportered this team from the beginning with the premise that they would be a premier class organization in MLS. In some ways they have, in others they haven't. What would Viera do if he managed Atlanta or Toronto? Possibly the same as he did with us. I think he is too stubborn at times. We had no scoring other than Villa. As a manager you have to find that spark, but he decided to hope the fire would reignite. Idc if he wasnt ready. I saw enough of Lewis to figure out that maybe he could have been that spark. Also Struna on the bench over White may have cost us our playoff run.

Long story short. We haven't won a playoff game with him, so what are we really losing? Wins? That's on Villa, not Viera.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
Every manager is going to have questionable calls. I don't think Viera was better or worse than most. That's not an endorsement either. I have supportered this team from the beginning with the premise that they would be a premier class organization in MLS. In some ways they have, in others they haven't. What would Viera do if he managed Atlanta or Toronto? Possibly the same as he did with us. I think he is too stubborn at times. We had no scoring other than Villa. As a manager you have to find that spark, but he decided to hope the fire would reignite. Idc if he wasnt ready. I saw enough of Lewis to figure out that maybe he could have been that spark. Also Struna on the bench over White may have cost us our playoff run.

Long story short. We haven't won a playoff game with him, so what are we really losing? Wins? That's on Villa, not Viera.

I find it mad that Vieira can lead us to our best ever league finish, improve the team in every area, by every metric, and then have people undermine him at the end of the season because they disagreed with who played RB in the first leg of a playoff game. Or because they've "seen enough of Lewis" to somehow know how to use him better than the coaching staff. (Extra spark to do what exactly, btw? Win the Supporters' Shield? Score a third goal in the Columbus game, maybe. But otherwise?)

We all disagree with the manager sometimes. It's what keeps us going in between games most of the time. And I hate to look like the 'PV knows best' guy. But suggesting that he isn't the right man for the job because he didn't put out your fantasy first XI every game is such a fucking reach it's unbelievable. Sure, we could sack him for not making the subs you like. But it puts you one bad appointment away from another year of Kreis-level shit. I'll pass.

I think PV has done some good things and some very questionable things as a manger here. I’m still leaning towards the keep him side. But I’m not as afraid of him leaving as I was last season. There are some good candidates out there to replace him.

If Vieira played Lewis less than we wanted, Caleb Porter wouldn't play Lewis at all. He's terrible at giving youth players minutes.