Portland Postmatch

I wouldn't be surprised if Johnson is injured. Yes, he goalkeeping was great in the second half but his kicking wasn't as sharp and long as in the first half.
The play when Johnson was taken out was another red not called. The Portland player missed the ball and completely collided, out of control, with Johnson. It wasn't a cleat to the face, like Liverpool's Red, but players can't make contact with the GK like he did. And then the little fcker stayed on the ground faking his injury to draw attention away from his infraction. Miraculously he was then able to run around fine.

Viera put Pirlo in a DM role with Tommy and Maxi. Does anyone think that was or is a good idea? Why is Pirlo given any defensive responsibility? He's too old. Plain and simple.

Also. This team looked unprepared and confused. PV shit the bed with this one regardless of the available players.
Well he must be a Depends user cause according to him he's proud of the team . That's what he said .

The play when Johnson was taken out was another red not called. The Portland player missed the ball and completely collided, out of control, with Johnson. It wasn't a cleat to the face, like Liverpool's Red, but players can't make contact with the GK like he did. And then the little fcker stayed on the ground faking his injury to draw attention away from his infraction. Miraculously he was then able to run around fine.

Liked that it should be a red. But he was subbed out 5 mins into the 2nd half when he tried to play on the knee. He really was hurt.

Dude, you know that's just so transparent. Did you move to Long Island?

Reactions: mgarbowski
For the third time in maybe 7 games I had to chase someone out of my seats. Unlike adam adam I'm not nice enough to just say it's OK I'll move. Nor am I lucky enough to have them be player families. Nor has one of them said "I'm sorry." They don't argue, either, but they all say they were told to sit anywhere. So of course they pick my seats which are front row aisle.
It's getting tiresome.

Fuck that ref. It was DOGSO. Held his leg for like 10 minutes with no other defender around.
Could be worse. 4 hippy hobos sat down next to me. Smelled like they have t showered in a month. I couldn't handle it. Told them off.

Flat day out but should have resulted in at least a point. We didn't play terribly. We just got punished for Pirlo completely giving up on a play. The team didn't deserve that. The fans didn't deserve that.

Starting Khiry made absolutely no sense to me. Either he earned or start or someone else needed the rest and I don't think either of those things are true. Khiry was great for pace if nothing else and I didn't see him outrun a single person at any point today. He's not the reason we lost but he didn't bring anything to the team.

I don't know why players have been forbidden to shoot but it is quite clear that the instruction is specific. We didn't make the keeper work at all and far too many times we got the ball into a threatening position and didn't even put a shot on frame.

Ok, I'll play along. Who was responsible for the Portland goal? Was it Sean Johnson who didn't stop a free shot from the second best goal scorer in the league?

Also, please explain to me who screwed up on each Pirlo corner/free kick. Because it had to be someone else's fault that none of them went in?

Pirlo had a howler tonight. Had a good game on Wednesday. Perhaps it was too much to expect a 38 year old to play two games in four nights after sitting on the bench for the last three months.
Pirlo should just retire, he is horrible no more excuses, old and slow is a bad combination.

Flat day out but should have resulted in at least a point. We didn't play terribly. We just got punished for Pirlo completely giving up on a play. The team didn't deserve that. The fans didn't deserve that.

Starting Khiry made absolutely no sense to me. Either he earned or start or someone else needed the rest and I don't think either of those things are true. Khiry was great for pace if nothing else and I didn't see him outrun a single person at any point today. He's not the reason we lost but he didn't bring anything to the team.

I don't know why players have been forbidden to shoot but it is quite clear that the instruction is specific. We didn't make the keeper work at all and far too many times we got the ball into a threatening position and didn't even put a shot on frame.
I don't know about the last part.

As for the part about Khiry, I think most would be pretty quick to acknowledge I am nothing close to a fan. I first had my suspicions re him confirmed by his being a total (trying not to use any word I want to here) when he got to play in that youth playoff vs. Colombia.

That said, I truly did think it was his best game for us. It wasn't nearly good enough. But it was his best and well above what I have noticed before.

Didn't get to watch the game. Worth watching the whole thing, or should I stick with the condensed match?

Pitchside Nugget: Vieira walked onto the field before kickoff with a bottle water and a bottle of what looked to be apple juice. Both plastic bottles had the labels ripped off. He drank the apply juice first.

Reactions: Christopher Jee
I usually take a loss pretty hard but I'm not even mad after last night's game. Yes, Pirlo gave up on that ball, but it wasn't surprising that it happened. He's been doing it all season. That might've been the last time we see him on the pitch ever. We have way too many starters that are injured. We're not catching Toronto for the supporters shield. Let's just maintain our spot in second, get everyone healthy, and get ready for the playoffs.

I was up in the middle of the night still fuming about this. VAR can't fix stupid. And if it won't catch obvious reds like this, or others prior, I'm not sure what the damn thing is for, after all. Seems like they'll keep it around—it's a TV-friendly adjustment—but at this point I'd rather just axe it and go back to complaining that the refs are merely incompetent.

This is just the sort of thing, too, that PRO and DISCO mystifyingly will fail to correct. We need some ACCOUNTABILITY in this league. So far we're still largely wanting.