Potential Loanees From Manchester City

Well, it's not exactly ideal for the Premier League champions to have 2 championship level players eating away at the wage bill.
We're we taking about that team in England or NYCFC? Sometimes I lose track. Sinclair & Gudetti would be awesome at NYCFC.

We're we taking about that team in England or NYCFC? Sometimes I lose track. Sinclair & Gudetti would be awesome at NYCFC.
I mean Manchester City are stuck with them, as the transfer window is shut and they weren't able to find new clubs.
This limits Iheanacho's potential playing opportunities at MCFC, even if that wasn't the plan. Good news for NYCFC.

Reactions: MagnusPax
Well, Guidetti just got shipped to Celtic on a delayed loan (guessing the we okayed MUFC's late move so I guess we have to ok MCFC's move) so I guess Nacho has a better shot with City but obviously not right away

The only thing I care about with loanees is not getting half-season guys. I don't want to see guys ripped off NYCFC and sent back to England mid-summer because it would show a very weak commitment to fielding a top MLS squad.

If we get Nacho, it must be a full season loan, otherwise I don't want him.

Reactions: BlueWarrior
So......just saw some clips of this fofana kid...man can he ball...he is big too.

And denayer.....

So if I were to get four players on loan, I would get Pozo, Fofana, Denayer, and maybe Rusnak, Tasende or Bytqi.
Fofana is a beast! If we could get only 2 of them I'd take him an Ponzo

Reactions: BlueWarrior
I thought it would be good to bring this thread back up to the front.

Who are the 2-3 that will come?

Last edited:
I thought it would be to bring this thread back up to the front.

Who are the 2-3 that will come?

Inheanacho is a pretty good bet. Its a crap shoot guess for the rest but im hoping for fofana and pozo (highly unlikely). A centerback would be nice as well.

who would you like good sir.

I want Inheanacho as well. he performed well during the ManCity tour of the US this summer. Not sure he could go 90 game in/game out.

The rest I just don't know enough about.

I'd wager on Iheanacho, he could only sign for us in October when it was his 18th birthday; due to some rules regarding African youngsters. He also needs an exceptional talent work permit (which he should get, but it's complicated). So I'd bet he'll be off to NYC for the season.
I think it'd be good for him; the chances are he'd only play in our EDS or sit on the bench most of the time. So playing a full year of high level, first team football with people like David Villa could only do him good.

I think we'll only get two this year. Just reading between the lines.

And if you want an idea of whom, wait until after the expansion draft when there is a glaring need at two different spots.

I think you are looking at a Striker and a CB.

I think we'll only get two this year. Just reading between the lines.

And if you want an idea of whom, wait until after the expansion draft when there is a glaring need at two different spots.

I think you are looking at a Striker and a CB.
Exactly, the expansion draft will tell us where the club plan to strengthen with loanees.

Reactions: Kjbert
I'd wager on Iheanacho, he could only sign for us in October when it was his 18th birthday; due to some rules regarding African youngsters. He also needs an exceptional talent work permit (which he should get, but it's complicated). So I'd bet he'll be off to NYC for the season.
I think it'd be good for him; the chances are he'd only play in our EDS or sit on the bench most of the time. So playing a full year of high level, first team football with people like David Villa could only do him good.
If its October its probably not worth it. The season starts in March.

If its October its probably not worth it. The season starts in March.
Oh good. I don't really care when he can play for MC. They have enough talent. But thanks for sharing ManCity!
I meant he could only sign for us this October, but he hasn't officially signed yet which is strange. That makes me believe that they're having problems with his work permit, so he'll be off to the US for a year.

MCFC, I really need to differentiate more. I'm here as a NYC fan, but it's hard to use different terms.

Anyway, I think Kelechi would hit the league big time if he came over. He seems to play well beyond his years, like Sterling does.

Would probably be a dream scenario for MCFC. Let's say he plays here for two years and ends up killing it.

Then he goes to MCFC and we, as fans, "follow him"

Looks like Godsway Donyoh is at or near the top of Kreis' list.

Transfermarkt says he was playing mainly center forward while on loan at Falkenbergs FF last year. Another reason to think they are looking to fill the false 9 role in a 4-3-3? (The targeted playmaker DP would have slotted in their nicely too.) Otherwise he can play winger, or second striker in a 4-4-2.

New York City boss Jason Kreis is scheduled to travel to Manchester City this week to hold talks with the English champions for the possible signing of Ghanaian youngster Godsway Donyoh on loan, Goal Ghana can reveal.

http://www.goal.com/en-gh/news/4371...new-york-city-join-race-to-sign-ghanas-donyoh

Last edited: