Potential Loanees From Manchester City

So you think Roy Hodgson would tell Ferran Soriano what to do and Soriano would listen? Give me a break.

On a similar note, Neil Barnett today mentioned, in a round about way, Nacho joining us

He's a better Keeper right now than Josh Saunders. He's the U-18 England Keeper and will probably challenge Joe Hart for his job within 2 years.
Hell, I'm not sure Josh Saunders wouldn't challenge Joe Hart. I jest, but Joe Shart is just not very good.

Eta: I know I was drunk posting when I think "Joe Shart" is funny.

Last edited:
I was thinking about Hart yesterday. How much is he a victim of the playing style of that squad. They take a lot of chances offensively.

He's not a victim of the playing style. There were games when he could've fallen asleep for the first 80 minutes last season but still produced wonder saves right at the end of the game. Then there were games when he just did really stupid things. Playing style does not affect players' decision-making, that's more to do with concentration and intelligence, and it was his decision-making which caused him to be dropped last season.

If he is a victim of anything, it was the fact that he's not had any serious competition for first choice keeper at club or country, meaning he's been under no pressure to keep improving or to put in 100%.

He's had some dips in form and maybe he's not as world class as City are at some other positions but I don't think there are honestly too many better keepers in the Prem than Hart he does just fine most of the time.

I follow some guy on Twitter who tweets in Portuguese. He mentioned something about Nacho and NYC last night but I couldn't figure out what the heck he was saying.

I follow some guy on Twitter who tweets in Portuguese. He mentioned something about Nacho and NYC last night but I couldn't figure out what the heck he was saying.

I don't know the particular guy, but a lot of the MCFC sources I follow suggest that in the wake of Negredo leaving & MCFC not signing another backup that Nacho is likely to be that backup once he becomes eligible for a work permit in October. So at the moment doesn't look good for Nacho to NYCFC.

I don't know the particular guy, but a lot of the MCFC sources I follow suggest that in the wake of Negredo leaving & MCFC not signing another backup that Nacho is likely to be that backup once he becomes eligible for a work permit in October. So at the moment doesn't look good for Nacho to NYCFC.
This is going around, but I'm unsure.
A. We're pretty much stuck with Sinclair and Guidetti (unless Celtic win their appeal with FIFA) and they cover that spot.
B. He may very well not get a work permit for City, especially with so many ex-united officials involved in the decision process.

Nacho is definitely getting loaned here. He's training with Columbus. Scored a hat trick in a scrimmage today.

Patrick Murphy@_Pat_Murphy_ Follow
The "Academy player" who scores the hat trick is actually 17-year old Man City player Kelechi Iheanacho, who is training with #Crew96
11:10 AM - 3 Sep 2014

Berhalter said he's just here to get some training in, not a candidate to be signed. #Crew96
11:11 AM - 3 Sep 2014

Berhalter said the Iheanacho training deal was facilitated by Claudio Reyna, who has connections through Manchester City. Played for 4 years

Apologies if this has been mentioned elsewhere (currently beering it and sunning it in the South of France), but it has been 'officially' said that Iheanacho will go to NYCFC on loan next year.

Trouble is, he is currently at Columbus Crew, training. And is due back in England next month after his 18th birthday.

ITK huh?

"Stuck with Sinclair or Guidetti"

Truly a fate worse than death.
Well, it's not exactly ideal for the Premier League champions to have 2 championship level players eating away at the wage bill.

I am salivating over the idea of Nacho coming here. Just think if because of the attention Henry gets at RB it's able to have freed up some very journeyman like players to hit double digit goals, just think what a potential world class talent like Nacho could do while the defense is focused on Villa.

Nacho will play the CF with Villa on the wing. More convinced than ever that the 3rd DP will be a winger of attacking midfielder

I am salivating over the idea of Nacho coming here. Just think if because of the attention Henry gets at RB it's able to have freed up some very journeyman like players to hit double digit goals, just think what a potential world class talent like Nacho could do while the defense is focused on Villa.

Can't wait! It's going to be a lot of fun!

better yet, imagine if we snag a legit playmaker.

Reactions: D_RoyJenkins