Pre-Game Rituals/Superstition

Hobo

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Elite Donor
Seasoned Supporter
Aug 10, 2015
Fairfield County CT & STH 227B
Some players put on their left sock before their right. Some have to say 7 hail-mary's before stepping on to the field. As a fan, mine is to be consistent in wearing the same shirt, same scarf, same hat on game day, and I religiously have two ciders on the train on the way down from CT. I don't normally drink cider but we have not lost a weekend home game yet so I am not changing my formula. What's your game day religion?

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene
Some players put on their left sock before their right. Some have to say 7 hail-mary's before stepping on to the field. As a fan, mine is to be consistent in wearing the same shirt, same scarf, same hat on game day, and I religiously have two ciders on the train in the way down from CT. I don't normally drink cider but we have not lost a weekend home game yet so i am not changing my formula. What's your game day religion?
I don't necessarily have a home game pre-game ritual besides drink too much and play FIFA before grabbing the 4 train up.

I've now found an away game ritual which means same shirt, same spot at Ryan's Daughter and drinking PBRs as that combo has brought 9/9 points.

Reactions: Paul and Gene
Cinnamon-Raisin bagels.

The morning of the Montreal match I had cinnamon-raisin bagels for breakfast.

Had them again the morning of the Vancouver match; the morning of the DCU match; the morning of the Portland match; the morning of the Toronto match.

Me and my buddy who have season tix wont wear our scarves during matches. So far this season if we both wear the scarves we have lost. When only one of us wears the scarves we get 1 point. When both of us don't wear the scarves we've won. This is for both home and away matches so we've decided we hold all the power on the outcomes of games after Wednesdays draw. Never wearing a scarf again.

Right before kickoffs I kiss my right NYCFC bracelet, then the left, then the side of my right hand on the bottom of the thumb, then the left one then my hands joined together like a prayer, then with my hands still joined together I touch my forehead with the top of my fingers then raise them to the sky. Also I stopped wearing my jersey on game days.

I've been picking the same score & mvp the exact same ways since Montreal.

you're allowed to drink alcohol on the train?

This is yet another reason people in the City should consider taking Metro North to Yankee Stadium. It's faster than the subway, a more comfortable ride, and you can drink on board.

Of course, it has to be convenient for you to get to Grand Central or the station at 125th/Park, but if so, it's a better ride for sure.

I like to dance like nobody's watching. I also have some pregame rituals and superstitions.

Reactions: SoupInNYC