Pros And Cons On New Head Coach Patrick Vieira

Locker room fights with Pirlo about the relative superiority of Barolo vs Chateauneuf du pape
No fights. Buying in NY - Barolo. Wandering in the wine growing region - Chateauneuf du Pape. No question.

If you ever have the chance to go to the town of Chateauneuf du Pape, make sure you don't have to drive. Best and most wine tasting you'll ever experience in a single day.

Question for the anti-Vieira crowd (or anti NYCFC crowd):

If Patrick Vieira was named the manager of Toronto FC or Chicago Fire, does the twitterverse and do MLS fanboys rejoice? I think they do.
I think it would be the exact same reaction.

Impressive name but what does he know about MLS?

History is extremely negative on foreign coaches new to MLS/American soccer.

Everybody sing...

Old Sheikh Mansour had a farm [team]
V-I-E-I-R-A
And on this team was RSL
V-I-E-I-R-A
With a Wingert here
And a Grabavoy there
Here a scrub, there a scrub
Everywhere a...

Well, you get the idea.
I'm howling lol

Pros:
I'm hopeful this invigorates our DPs and brings European style play to the team.

Cons:
It's possible his youth coaching style doesn't sit well with DPs.

My personal "pro & con" was that I originally thought we signed Christian Vieri as a 4th DP.

People stating that Vieira knows nothing about MLS...well who would from the possible options? Presumably the "powers that be" felt Kreis was the best coach in MLS. So now that Kreis has been fired where else would they look? Outside the immediate MLS network of course! Vieira is an intelligent man and of course already exceptionally well known to his employers. Clearly he's extremely enthusiastic about being in NYC. If he wasn't then he probably would have joined another major European club either as manager or in a similar capacity to his position at MCFC.

Appointment gets my full endorsement (for what that's worth)

Pro - Has respect of the dressing room and has the deep respect of the soccer playing world. Additionally he fully buys into the soccer style that CFG want to sell; beautiful, possession based, attacking soccer.

Cons - Has not coached a professional, age unrestricted, soccer team yet.

Pros..
He's a manager that is respected throughout the world
He will be able to entice players that NYCFC need
He has his teams playing great attacking football
He isn't a puppet that will be a yes man and will do things his own way

Cons.... none if everyone backs him and stops being cagey and defensive about the reason he's here rather than it's something City have got up their sleeve.

It's a Win,Win situation for NYCFC