Questions For "third Rail"

Leo Glickman

Registered
Mar 26, 2014
Hello, long time no speak. I would like to thank Einwinder for his graciousness in asking me to participate on your forums. Contrary to what NYCFC Dan stated in some thread, I was never banned. I asked to be removed because I was getting a lot of emails reminding me that I hadn't posted for a long time.

At any rate, this is for the hard core fans, not the casual fans who are happy to see David Villa running around the outfield grass at Yankee Stadium wearing a Man City uniform. I noticed that the Third Rail made a statement regarding the Lampard thing. I just have one question, who is the Third Rail exactly?

I mean, when the supporters got together and started forming the supporters group, your leader, Chance Michaels, was very busy applying for a job with the Cosmos and generally promoting the cosmos on social media and their season ticket packages. Again, this was for almost a year after NYCFC was announced.

Did anyone other than Chance Michaels approve of the statement? Is there a governing board, or does Chance Michaels speak for the Third Rail, period. I'm asking because a couple of reporters have gotten in contact with me who are really trying to take the temperature of the supporters for all of this, and they are skeptical about whether Chance really speaks for the Third Rail.

Thanks. I am not trolling (and never have on here). I know many of you are upset about the Lampard situation and with good reason. And save your breath to make jokes about cosmos attendance, second division or whatever. I am well aware of all of that, though we're hoping to have a great season coming up, and we're working on it.

Leo, as far as I know there are some Third Rail members on here, even Board members. I'm a paid, non-participating member myself. As far as I "heard" it was a statement that was reviewed by their Board prior to release.

It is a bit disengenous to make that statement in your last paragraph about not trolling when earlier on in your post you have a go at Chance regarding any past affiliation he may have had with the Cosmos prior to his involvement and also have a dig about David Villa running around Yankee Stadium in a Man City uniform.

Good luck in the coming season, I'm sure it's nice to have signed a player of Raul's caliber without all the ambiguity of Lampardgate.

I mean, when the supporters got together and started forming the supporters group, your leader, Chance Michaels, was very busy applying for a job with the Cosmos and generally promoting the cosmos on social media and their season ticket packages. Again, this was for almost a year after NYCFC was announced.
If that's true then wow.

Hello, long time no speak. I would like to thank Einwinder for his graciousness in asking me to participate on your forums. Contrary to what NYCFC Dan stated in some thread, I was never banned. I asked to be removed because I was getting a lot of emails reminding me that I hadn't posted for a long time.

At any rate, this is for the hard core fans, not the casual fans who are happy to see David Villa running around the outfield grass at Yankee Stadium wearing a Man City uniform. I noticed that the Third Rail made a statement regarding the Lampard thing. I just have one question, who is the Third Rail exactly?

Did anyone other than Chance Michaels approve of the statement? Is there a governing board, or does Chance Michaels speak for the Third Rail, period. I'm asking because a couple of reporters have gotten in contact with me who are really trying to take the temperature of the supporters for all of this, and they are skeptical about whether Chance really speaks for the Third Rail.

Thanks. I am not trolling (and never have on here). I know many of you are upset about the Lampard situation and with good reason. And save your breath to make jokes about cosmos attendance, second division or whatever. I am well aware of all of that, though we're hoping to have a great season coming up, and we're working on it.
Welcome back Leo! Some people may find your methods abrasive and truth be told, at times I do too. As long as you adhere to our guidelines everything is fair game by me.

Last edited:
As far as I know the statement was approved by the whole board. I am not on the board but through facebook thats what Chris (a board member) said. My sense is that the overwhelming majority of TR members support the statement as do I.

I was a NY/NJ Metrostars season ticket holder once. Does that disqualify me from being a NYCFC fan?

As far as I know the statement was approved by the whole board.

Even if the third rail statement was approved by the board of directors it was brash to arbitrarily make for us 1500 strong, dues paying members without our input. A statement that strong directed toward CFG (the owners of NYCFC and MCFC) should have been put up to a member vote.

Even if the third rail statement was approved by the board of directors it was brash to arbitrarily make for us 1500 strong, dues paying members without our input. A statement that strong directed toward CFG (the owners of NYCFC and MCFC) should have been put up to a member vote.
They need to make a statement quickly other will. They were already being accused of sitting of on there hands they had to come strong and I think they will continue to try and pressure the team.

I had considered paying my dues as I hasn't and it was the last day to have done so. That is why I didn't and I encourage those that disagree with that statement to not pay dues for 2015.

Reactions: einwindir
I had considered paying my dues as I hasn't and it was the last day to have done so. That is why I didn't and I encourage those that disagree with that statement to not pay dues for 2015.
I'm not 100% into the Third Rail approach but I'll more than likely keep my membership going for the foreseeable future.

As far as I know this forum has little to nothing to do with TR so by posting this here you're basically taking a shot in the dark of them seeing it.
I generally don't have a problem with people who don't see things 'our way' as there's a bunch of people that post here within guidelines that aren't first and foremost NYCFC supporters. TR has a very easily accessible Twitter and Facebook page which you are more than welcome to visit and ask them.
Otherwise you're just here to stir things up and cause problems which in essence is 'trolling.'

I don't think it was that strong a response, not over the top by any measure. I thought it got the point across that there are a bunch of pissed off people out there. What they should have done was send it out to all their members as well. That might of gotten more people to this site. All the new members over the last couple of days seem to be from manchester or supporters of mcfc.

Reactions: Tom in Fairfield CT
Why don't you just ask Chance Michaels who came up with the statement? However they reviewed it beforehand its completely obvious that its spoken for the majority on this occasion. Those reporters must not be very good at their jobs if they can't see that and why are they contacting you anyway? If there is a point when TR does not speak for the majority then expect people on here to take note. As for CM and Cosmos who gives a damn? Whether its UK or US its very common for people to work for clubs other than their own. I would never work for Manchester United but I'm sure there are some MCFC fans in their workforce...and no I'm not comparing that to NYCFC and Cosmos.

Last edited:
No one is contacting him. The cosmos clowns always talk about "reporters", "people in bars", "people in the street" have told me blah blah blah. Those reporters are as real as this current poor version of the cosmos' "prestige".

As far as I know this forum has little to nothing to do with TR so by posting this here you're basically taking a shot in the dark of them seeing it.
I generally don't have a problem with people who don't see things 'our way' as there's a bunch of people that post here within guidelines that aren't first and foremost NYCFC supporters. TR has a very easily accessible Twitter and Facebook page which you are more than welcome to visit and ask them.
Otherwise you're just here to stir things up and cause problems which in essence is 'trolling.'

The twitter and facebook pages are very easily accessible to ask, but the problem is that they NEVER REPLY......