Quiz - No Googling

MrE

Registered
Jun 1, 2014
For many years I have hosted a quiz in my bar...
I am constantly looking out for good quality new questions.... Not Rocket science ones, but fun ones that Mr & Mrs Average can at least have a guess at.

So I though it might be fun to get a quiz going on here (I can also nick the good questions lol)

Feel free to post your own questions...

I will start us off.

Many Irish Surnames start with the prefix O' (O'Connell, O'Rourke, O'Malley etc etc) What is the meaning of the O' prefix ?

I believe it is something to do with family lineage and decedents if I remember correctly, I know there are different meanings for the O' and Mac are different, just cant recall which is which.

I believe it is something to do with family lineage and decedents if I remember correctly, I know there are different meanings for the O' and Mac are different, just cant recall which is which.

Correct O' is Grandson (or Grandchild) of ... Mac is Son of

When was the last time Leicester City won the FA cup?

My wife is from Leicester... My Father in law reckons they got to 3 finals in the 60's (Obviously 69 v MCFC) but lost them all, so I am going before that ... toss up between 50's and pre war....

If I included the question in one of my quizzes to give a fighting chance I would ask for decade so.... 1930's ?

My wife is from Leicester... My Father in law reckons they got to 3 finals in the 60's (Obviously 69 v MCFC) but lost them all, so I am going before that ... toss up between 50's and pre war....

If I included the question in one of my quizzes to give a fighting chance I would ask for decade so.... 1930's ?
Trick question, Leicester City has never won the FA cup. (Similar to the Monty Pythons communist quiz show)

Reactions: AndreT_NY
Trick question, Leicester City has never won the FA cup. (Similar to the Monty Pythons communist quiz show)

LOL There should be a thumbs down as well as a like button....
Looking for serious good quality questions I can use in a quiz)

Also any links to decent quiz sites would be good.... no the mainstream ones like Quiz Zone but the smaller managed with passion ones like this
http://kkquiz.com/

Its just a bar who publish there quizzes online. Great site though.

Regarding trivia; For some reason one of the easiest ways to get people to whip out their phones after you tell them they are wrong:

What is the capitol of Turkey?

What is the capitol of Australia?

I'm presuming you meant capital as capitols are the actual administrative government buildings ;)

...in which case Ankara and Canberra. I wouldn't even know where to start with the capitols.

How about this one - no cheating. What is the only letter contained in no US state name? Probably dead easy for you guys but interesting all the same.

Reactions: einwindir
I'm presuming you meant capital as capitols are the actual administrative government buildings ;)

...in which case Ankara and Canberra. I wouldn't even know where to start with the capitols.

How about this one - no cheating. What is the only letter contained in no US state name? Probably dead easy for you guys but interesting all the same.
Fair enough.

As for letters, I'm gonna go with 'J' and 'Q'. I can't think of any J's in any States at the moment. I'm not as confident with Q though, but in the spirit of the thread I'm not going to check.

I've got a question for you:

For 10 million dollars, what change to the structure of american soccer leagues would do the most to increase competitiveness, excitement and fair chance for all to achieve the pinnacle?

Reactions: MrE
I've got a question for you:

For 10 million dollars, what change to the structure of american soccer leagues would do the most to increase competitiveness, excitement and fair chance for all to achieve the pinnacle?

Errrrrrrrrrrrrrr............. Playing Baseball instead

Time for a new question

How many stars are on the European Flag ?